3/4 size gauntlets

yanvaq

New Hunter
Picture271.jpg

I made these 3/4 size gauantlets for my wifes custom mando and thought I would share.
Picture272.jpg

Well first you get a bunch of stuff that look like parts of gauntlets.
Picture259.jpg

them you put them together with this
Picture262.jpg

so that it looks like this
Picture250.jpg

then you put it on the former
Picture253.jpg

then heat it up
Picture265.jpg

then it forms
Picture256.jpg

and you have vac formed gauntlets
Picture001.jpg

size compared to ruffkins
Picture275.jpg

left out a few steps but am currently working on full size set and will do a better how to if there is interest

yanvaq said:
Well first you get a bunch of stuff that look like parts of gauntlets.
Picture259.jpg

left out a few steps but am currently working on full size set and will do a better how to if there is interest

I would love to read a how-to. This is the same method that I was going to do as to the build up, but unfortunately I don't have access to a Vac-forming table nor the space to build one.

What I would really like to see are some patterns, because I may just go the route of building them out of sintra or sheet styrene (however doing them in wood would alleviate a lot of bondo or filler) because they are not for a costume. They are for a display that I am currently working on. Thanks!!!

If you did a solid build up then you could allways make a mold off of them and cast them out of resin . If it is for a static display then the weight of resin would not mater so much.

yanvaq said:
If you did a solid build up then you could allways make a mold off of them and cast them out of resin . If it is for a static display then the weight of resin would not mater so much.

My thoughts exactly!!!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back