Make my gauntlets "kid sized"!

holy moly! those are some nice gauntlets!

if your son is reading this, i'd like to say that your son is one lucky guy!

kinda reminds me of someone...

The talent on this board never ceases to amaze me.. Great job on the gauntlets! Your kid will be a star at whatever convention he goes to!

Very nice. I hope you'll be able to cast these as my son (7) needs a set of gauntlets and what you did looks outstanding! Kudos! :cheers

Extremely nice work and very impressive! It's nice to see that I'm not the only father making stuff like this for his kids (and turning them into Ubergeeks!). lol

Keep up the great work!

Geo

lol!!! The obsession never ends does it guys. I got an ear-full the other night because of my "passion" for prop making.:lol:

Thanks for the comps and I've already began contacting the right people (they know who they are) to look into making casts of these available to all the dads, uncles, brothers, cousins', etc. who have small Fetts. And they could probably be available sooner than I had anticipated!

I'll keep you posted with updates when I get the right one done this weekend.

Thanks and you guys rock!!(y)
Cruzer

:eek: :eek: EDIT For Language/Religion Those are friggin awesome! I can't wait to see the right one now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the support guys. This project definitely wouldn't have gotten this far so quickly without it. Here's the current progress on the right gauntlet. Sorry for the lack of build-up pics for this one. Once I got started I didn't look back and forgot all about taking progress pics. I thought this right gauntlet would be easier, but I soon realized how much I under-estimated the intricacy of its construction. Plus this is my second attempt on this right gauntlet. The first one got chewed up by the table saw as it was close to being finished this past weekend. So I didn't take the time to pause for pics with this second one. In the end it turned out a lot better than my first attempt.

And for those who expressed interest I'm still checking into making molds and doing a limited number of pulls.

Enjoy,
Cruzer

DSC03345.JPG

DSC03347.JPG

DSC03355.JPG

DSC03350.JPG

DSC03357.JPG

DSC03358.JPG

DSC03359.JPG

How about you make some Fett gauntlets adult size :) I'm sure you could get some nice business there!

What material would these be made out of when you cast them?

Once again, great job!

Cruzer, that is FABULOUS ;)

What strikes me a genius, is using a piece of cut PVC pipe or equivilant for
the left gauntlet missle cradle instead of trying to bend or shape sintra to
create the shape. Way to use your noggin !

You did an outstanding job man, seriously. :cheers

FP

Thanks, and I don't know. Adult size is "boring" :lol: , plus there are already some very skilled people who've got the market on adult sized gauntlets...but not kid sized ;) . And to answer your question, the kid sized ones would more than likely be made of resin because the molding process is easier from what I've been told.

....now to get started on that kid sized jet pack :confused

Cruzer

Thanks digital509, and thanks again for the patches! They're going to look great on a pair of gloves tucked underneath these gauntlets :lol: .

And fettpride all I can say is it is an honor to receive such comments from you. You are someone who I consider a Master Builder around these boards and in the world of Fett costuming, and I am humbled by your gratiousness.(y)

Thank you guys!(y)

Cruzer

Wow Wow Wow!
Super impressive. The right gaunt is definitely harder to make and you pulled it off beautifully. I'm a dad myself and made a Jango costume for my son (5) but I didn't go into the level of detail you have here. I've thought for a while that there is a need for good quality kids fett stuff. Let's face it, most of us aren't kids anymore but some of us do have kids who we see as our little costuming partners.

As far as reproducing these, wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to vac-form them in styrene?

"vac-form" :confused ...let me guess-your a Boba costumer!:lol: You're asking the question to a Jango costumer. And any self-respecting Jango costumer wouldn't dare have vac-formed gauntlets on his person 8) . Just kidding bro. My long-time familyhood neighbor does vac-forming in his garage. I'm going over there today to pick up my daughter so I'll hit him up. Thanks for the great idea Christo Fett.(y)
Cruzer

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back