Color questons

Wolfi

Active Hunter
Hi!
I have some color questions. The red arrows mark the areas for which I do not know the color. Is it really waethered black that is used on the cheek?

2nd pic: Although the MR prototype should maybe not used for reference i couldn't find a better picture showing the kind of yellow color that is used on the back of the helmet. What color is this?

Thanx for helping me!

cheek.jpg

back.jpg

The cheeks could be weathered black, that's what a lot people use. Rogue Studios' lists it as PRR Green, although I think he used weathered black himself. It's just a matter of personal opinion. The yellow on the back is Panzer Dark Yellow.

I started on my first helmet and i'm half way there. The colors that I used where a flat black and the polly scale panzer dark yellow. I went with Affo's$ paint posting. It looks cool and just needs to the whethering the fun part! Hope that this helps!

I have to disagree with using Pz Dk Yellow on the back of the helmet. It's too dark. It is correct for the range finder ear (or extremely close) but the color on the back is lighter than the right ear.

You know I have also seen the back yellow as Khaki with just a little bit of Egg Blue mixed in. I remember something about Doped Linen too.

tylerdurden said:
I'm not sure what color he used, but RS's back color for new MR prototype looks spot on
More pictures here:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=11878

I'd have to Agree with TD......I think that most tend to get this back color a tad bit too Yellowish......including me.:facepalm
From speaking with RS he definitely has to hold back on exactly what ended-up being used...........but whatever color it was it is "SPOT ON".(y)

Spideyfett said:
I'd have to Agree with TD......I think that most tend to get this back color a tad bit too Yellowish......including me.:facepalm
From speaking with RS he definitely has to hold back on exactly what ended-up being used...........but whatever color it was it is "SPOT ON".(y)

Just purely out of curiosity, why would this be? Maybe cuz the helmet is still under development? Or does MR have some proprietary colors they're using? :confused
Like I said, I'm just curious cuz RS already has that 'compleat colour' listing posted at the top of the helmet thread.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back