bmx potty + filler = helmet?

TK-Fett said:
I have to admit that I thought this thread was going to turn bad real fast. But great googly moogly that is one awesome idea, and a super awesome fett helmet you have there. The buddy that gave up the helmet will be very pleased that he did so, I wouldnt mind having one myself. Im still speechless that you got it that good on your first try, wish I could do the same.
Er, not exactly my first attempt, this was a 2 month rush job for new years 05 (though not the paint job i used) its always valuble to learn from your mistakes, i think more ref material may have helped......I wish i had known of this site back then!( its not always a good idea being drunk in charge of a Boba Fett....)

021_21.jpg

DSCF0004_4.jpg

That is still an awesome scratch build for a second try, especially since its based off a bicycle helmet. That paint job is awesome too man. You are gonna have an awesome Fett suit when you get finished. It will blow your O5 suit away.

Well there you go, just gotta spend that extra month:) No seriously, that is one sweet bucket, especially for 3 months. (y) for you

thanks for the positive comments everyone. im just finishing the range finder and stalk, and am a little bit stumped on how to cast the stalk hollow? I want the three leds in the unit but all the gubbins tucked away in the helmet. Now, i do have a steady hand but drilling down 8" of resin doesnt seem doable! So any pointers?

DSCF0001_28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool!...
I am sure someone can chime in with advise on casting a hollow stalk. I know that some have actually cast extruded metal pipe in them before, for strength, you may be able to use that to your advantage. Just an idea.

As for the cat's arse....couldn't tell ya, I don't look at them...

i have no clue really, but i would think have some sort of rod covered in release agent woudl be placed in the middle, with the resin surrounding it, and once it has cured, the rod would slip out and it would be hollow.

that's just how i woudl imagine.

but i don't know for sure

-=QuinN!

I believe you could just use some sort of small aluminum tube and just leave it in...I think someone else on the boards was doing the same thing.

unfortunately i dont. i can tell you it was made by Bell, and it had a ridge around the back which i had to sand flat. also had loads of vents which had to be filled. when i measured the circumference it was approx. 15mm more than the msh dimension, so i thought it would be a good match...

terminal fettler said:
unfortunately i dont. i can tell you it was made by Bell, and it had a ridge around the back which i had to sand flat. also had loads of vents which had to be filled. when i measured the circumference it was approx. 15mm more than the msh dimension, so i thought it would be a good match...

My bucket is off to you. This another helmet for inspiring Fett makers to compare to. You did an excellent job my friend. So how bout a Republic Commando helmet??;) hmmm??

So many people with so much talent...God I'm unlucky...

Great bucket by the way. Amazing work on a scratch built bucket. Make sure you get the best paint job you can (hate to see it wasted...).

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back