My first Fett armor :)

Thanks for all the comments! I'm really proud of how this came out. I learned the technique from this board too! See? Lurking has it's pros.

Ronin677 said:
That is really really good armour. Could you tell me how you reshaped the back plate? I am making mine out of 5mm thick plastic and i am pondering how to mould it?

Well, I was borrowing Fetthunter's heat gun at the time. Basically I figured out how I wanted it shaped, and I drew out my crease lines onto the back plate. Then I heated the sintra on and around that line and just started to gently fold it over. I used the edge of a table to keep the edge flat. After each heating, I would cool it off with cold water.

cal196 said:
That is awesome, cant wait to see how you do the Jet Pack and weapon.

Since all evidence leads me to believe that the HS Fett jet pack was drawn to match the general idea of the screen-used jet pack, I'm going to be using a normal jet pack. Depending on how large the missile is, though, I may search for a smaller one, or perhaps find a wood shop to carve one for me (without the fin details). Whichever way I go, I'm probably going to remove the fins anyways, since there doesn't appear to be any on the HS missile.

I'm currently working on his pistol, but I still have a bunch of research and prototyping to do on it. I'm also planning on scratch-building his electroprod rifle thing as well, but I haven't started on it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back