The scoop on this eBay visor guy?

squirk

Well-Known Hunter
Can someone please clue me in on who this eBay visor guy is?

I'm pretty handy with a dremel, so is there any real advantage to buying from this fellow as opposed to getting the green visor from a welding supply company?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Squirk

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But so many posts have mentioned this dude, I thougt there might be more to the story.

The dark green welders visor is more screen accurate with regards to a Boba helmet. Plus it has a slight curve at the bottom where as every smoked acrylic pre cut t-visor I've ever bought was straight across at the bottom.

AFettFullofDollars said:
The dark green welders visor is more screen accurate with regards to a Boba helmet. Plus it has a slight curve at the bottom where as every smoked acrylic pre cut t-visor I've ever bought was straight across at the bottom.

Beat me to it. It is to AFFoD you listen:)

Steve

i just noticed this thread...

on the note of accuracy, it depends on if you are doing RotJ or ESB. as i understand it, the RotJ helmet had a smoked visor, while the ESB one had the green.

finding a green welding shield is easy, and if you are going ESB that's the way to go.

if you don't have a plastic supplier around, finding the smoked stuff can be tough, which is why the ebay guy is a good resource. there's no place convenient to me that i can pick up a small piece of smoke acrylic, so it's easier to just buy the lens already cut.

i had mine made to measure for the helmet, so it fit great :)

tk7602 said:
i just noticed this thread...

on the note of accuracy, it depends on if you are doing RotJ or ESB. as i understand it, the RotJ helmet had a smoked visor, while the ESB one had the green.

I was under the same impression, thats why I went with smoked for the ROTJ.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back