AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED

ESB HELMET COLORS

Can I use ANY silver colored paint?
Silver base coat-Rustoleum Aluminum (V7715)

Anyone use another yellow for this? i can't locate any..:( AND how does the grey primer turn the yellow red?
Killstripes-Duplicolor School Bus Yellow(DA1663) *Mist the front six killstripes with Krylon Light Gray primer while you still have the killstripes masked off. This will give the back eight kill stripes a redder tint like on the film used helmet.

The can i bought is Khaki ..but to me it look like a light tan...is that right? does the silver undercoat make it the right color?
Right Ear-Krylon Ultra Flat Camouflage Khaki
Last one...Is this for the areas in the back that are a light yellow.
Tan Scratches on Back of Helmet-Krylon Ultra Flat Camouflage Khaki

i have the info but i'm second guessiing myself...
i just started buying cans. i want to get my helmet done for my wedding..:cheers

thx in advance!!
Sixx

ESB HELMET COLORS

Can I use ANY silver colored paint?
Silver base coat-Rustoleum Aluminum (V7715)

Anyone use another yellow for this? i can't locate any..:( AND how does the grey primer turn the yellow red?
Killstripes-Duplicolor School Bus Yellow(DA1663) *Mist the front six killstripes with Krylon Light Gray primer while you still have the killstripes masked off. This will give the back eight kill stripes a redder tint like on the film used helmet.

The can i bought is Khaki ..but to me it look like a light tan...is that right? does the silver undercoat make it the right color?
Right Ear-Krylon Ultra Flat Camouflage Khaki
Last one...Is this for the areas in the back that are a light yellow.
Tan Scratches on Back of Helmet-Krylon Ultra Flat Camouflage Khaki

i have the info but i'm second guessiing myself...
i just started buying cans. i want to get my helmet done for my wedding..:cheers

thx in advance!!
Sixx

Yes you can use any silver.

As for the Schoolbus Yellow, have you tried looking at an autoparts store like Advance Autoparts. That's where I found mine.
The light grey spray paint on the front kill stripes lightens them up so that the back stripes appear to have a redder tone.

The camouflage khaki is for the 'light yellow' scratches on the back. Depending on the pics you look at sometimes the scratches look yellow and sometimes they look tan, the same color as the Rangefinder Ear.:)

Hey guys a newbie from UK.. can anyone tell me how to post pics as I'd like to show and get comments on my scratch build lid from WOF's templates (y)?

Not to hijack this thread but..............this weekend at Celebration 4 I was able to see two buckets of AFFO$ work, and all I can say is it's OUTSTANDING! The colors and his detail skills are amazing. I was able to see the real ESB helmet at the event and AFFO$ work really compares to the original very well. Nice work.

(y)

Ive seen (not in person) some of his work and totally agree... Just about to start airbrushing my lid in and using his colour charts should turn out ok? fingers crossed....

Not to hijack this thread but..............this weekend at Celebration 4 I was able to see two buckets of AFFO$ work, and all I can say is it's OUTSTANDING! The colors and his detail skills are amazing. I was able to see the real ESB helmet at the event and AFFO$ work really compares to the original very well. Nice work.

(y)

Wow...thanks for the kind words. Feel free to hijack any of my threads.:lol:

Krylon Burgundy Satin

is the only can i cant find in my city....:cry

does anyone know of another alternative for the above colors.

can i use just regular Krylon Burgundy??

AND since i can't locate Rustoleum Spruce Green...i will use two other greens to make the color..

HELP, i want to get this helmet done by end of next month..when i get married:cheers, i want to have at least one pic in the Album as a Fett head.:lol:

T.I.A.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krylon Burgundy Satin

is the only can i cant find in my city....:cry

does anyone know of another alternative for the above colors.

can i use just regular Krylon Burgundy??

Yes. They're the same color. The Satin version just refers to the finish type (satin). I believe the "regular" version is gloss, so you'll have to hit it with Dulcoat or some matte acrylic sealer from the craft department at Walmart to knock down the shine. Good luck! :cheers

Ok quick qustion.the hobby town usa here where i live has closed, so pollyscale pints are out.I just need to know what color in a rattlecan looks closest to lark grey.I plan on masking off the silver areas on the dome, and spraying the grey the masking off the outlines around the scratches.I thought maybe a dark flat grey would be good, but primer seems to rub off to easily, and finding a flat dark grey is a task.I am trying to avoid brushing on the grey as it looks to thick, when it is done.
as for the mandibles, I always do those topically, and I like to use rust red acrylic simply brushed on, rather than the burgundy spray.

what are the colors of fetts ESB helmet...when u figure it out post a pic of it because all brands have diffrent names for that color...(SIGH...)

question.. is the upper cheeks and back on the helmet really part blue? Cause I swear I see alot of ROTJ helmets where it's just darker green. ANy help would be awesome, I just want to be accurate but I also need to be sure that this is right before I go buy paints, paint it and hate how it looks

Slight change to the list as far as the ESB colors go. We recently started carrying a brand of paints at Lowe's called Valspar. They have a color called 'Merlot' (pronounced MER-low) which looks alot closer to the screen used color than the Krylon Burgundy Satin. The Valspar Merlot has more of a brown undertone to it as opposed to the pink undertone in the Burgundy Satin. Here's a pic of it on my MSH2 without any weathering. Just finished putting on the base colors. Tomorrow I'll do the killstripes.

Cnv0003.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back