AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED

Got a can of the Krylon Camo Khaki to use for the undercoat on a Trooper helmet and it looks way darker when sprayed on. I expected a tan color like the cap, but this is a dark tan / grey / brown look. Wonder if the can had the wrong paint in it?!

Is there any difference between the original ESB helmet and the ROTJ SE helmet? I'm working on the SE costume, so I don't want to start buying all kinds of paints if they turn out to be the wrong ones... Can I just start looking for the colours listed under ESB or is there something else I should know about?
Thanks for posting the lists, btw! It really helps us noobs!

Is there any difference between the original ESB helmet and the ROTJ SE helmet? I'm working on the SE costume, so I don't want to start buying all kinds of paints if they turn out to be the wrong ones... Can I just start looking for the colours listed under ESB or is there something else I should know about?
Thanks for posting the lists, btw! It really helps us noobs!

The ROTJ SE has the ESB Hero helmet and almost the ROTJ suit (not the whole original ROTJ suit).

Ah, thanks for sorting that out. But is it the same colour scheme on the two? I've already seen some of the differences on the suit, so it's the helmet I'm worried about.

Hi again mate, in terms of mixing two spray paints to make the greeny/blue at the back, how do you go about 'misting' two paints together to get one colour and not 2 colours going patchy? Still had no response to this. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a complete noob, I am unsure which of these buckets AFFO$ pics in the post as being the ESB bucket. The list of paint is extremely helpful because I'm having someone paint it for me (my artistic skill maxed out in 1st grade).

Being a complete noob, I am unsure which of these buckets AFFO$ pics in the post as being the ESB bucket. The list of paint is extremely helpful because I'm having someone paint it for me (my artistic skill maxed out in 1st grade).

The first 4 images are for the ESB helmet (with the yellow-ish killstripe and painted ears) and the rest of the images are for the ROTJ helmet (the orange-like killstripe and weathered ears).

Hi guys! I am working on PP2 helmet and I am airbrushed challenged. Can someone guide me with what Spray Can colors I coulduse on the helmet? It doesn't look layered like the ESB and ROTJ. Anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate it!

Carlos O.
TK/TB/CC-4733

Hi guys! I am working on PP2 helmet and I am airbrushed challenged. Can someone guide me with what Spray Can colors I coulduse on the helmet? It doesn't look layered like the ESB and ROTJ. Anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate it!

Carlos O.
TK/TB/CC-4733

Superjedi has 2 and AFFo$ has 1 recent PP2 paint threads, so you may ask them about the paints used.

Sticky worthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha (again) which is, no doubt, why it already is one! Check the top of the helmet section with th sticky marked folder called boba Fett Helmet consolidated paint up threads and you'll find this bad boy in there along with some excellent other paint up threads. Good luck on your paint up.

Ha ha (again) which is, no doubt, why it already is one! Check the top of the helmet section with th sticky marked folder called boba Fett Helmet consolidated paint up threads and you'll find this bad boy in there along with some excellent other paint up threads. Good luck on your paint up.

Thanks! Im Still new to tdh which means i don't know much about it ive been posting stuff on five year old threads! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back