AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED

Hey guys
Ive been racking my brain and my patience trying to get the base colour right for a fett helm i got a while ago. I have repainted it god knows how many times and have too many colours of green but still even with misting and mixing it doesnt come anywhere close. Just wondering if there are any irish fett heads that know where to find a good spray that matches the base? Unfortunately all the paints listed here cant be found in Dublin, well not by me anyways:p

Cheers lads

*edit, not sure if i should have posted in this sticky or made a new thread*

Hey Dark Jedi,
I have a helmet like that, that I'm repainting as a ROTJ. Get some gloss black and go over the area of the "T" visor that is false, it makes it look more like a full visor. Or just do what i'm doing cut it out and replace it. Way better visibility. Just a thought.. Otherwise looks good.

Hey Dark Jedi,
I have a helmet like that, that I'm repainting as a ROTJ. Get some gloss black and go over the area of the "T" visor that is false, it makes it look more like a full visor. Or just do what i'm doing cut it out and replace it. Way better visibility. Just a thought.. Otherwise looks good.

Yes, this is something I agree with because that lower half of the visor makes the whole thing look worse. It's like a huge mole on someone's face. The rest may look great, but all you see is that one hideous blemish. I'd highly recomend cutting off the fake visor part and getting a full visor.

Hi, I was wondering if you knew of any particular chain store that carried polly scale paints. Or, would most art supply stores carry them?

Thank you,

Timmer

Great list! This is just what I need (or will need when I get to that point) to try my hand at painting the helmet once I finish "Cheapo Fett v0.02b". Now if I could just find a post like this one with a collection of all the different types of materials you folks are all using. Cheapo Fett is made of garbage, literally since I couldn't even find the thick cardboard stuff locally. I am building him out of the remains of three ring binders that were in the trash at work!

Is there a good collection anywhere of materials, sources, and general price info anywhere? A few searches only turned up antman's post which,while excellent,doesn't help me find that cardboard here in Ohio,or even in the US for that matter.

Search for "garbage can armor" or "trash can armor".. There are some great threads here for that. Also take a peek at the Mandalorian Mercenary site. Many folks there have unique ways of making their armor, etc.

I am glad this is here Thanks Affo if your still around.
If you were near I'd buy you a beer:cheers I'm waiting on my bucket to get here and this tutorial really helps.

I used this and just about every spray can I could find and IT turned out really well I think. I did use testor airbrush paints for the ear caps though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back