My MS3 progress pics

It was cool to see this bucket in person last night at the costuming panel in Boston. Brian actually pulled away the masking fluid off the right front cheek in the demo and it worked great!

webchief said:
It was cool to see this bucket in person last night at the costuming panel in Boston. Brian actually pulled away the masking fluid off the right front cheek in the demo and it worked great!

Yeah, it's looking pretty awesome. I went to the exhibit last night and it was great. A lot of people came.

fettswatcop said:
two....days....no ...update.....losing conciousness...

Dying to see how the mask comes off.

i've got the photos, i just haven't put 'em up yet... it was a bit nervewracking stripping the stuff off in front of a room full of people. i was so afraid that it wasn't going to work right ;)

Removing my mask!

Latest updates:
http://tk7602.com/bobafett/ms3-3.php

My live demonstration of peeling off the masking fluid!
normal_liveweathering.jpg

Before:
normal_IMG_0652.jpg

After:
normal_IMG_0749.jpg

Closeup of the visor area:
normal_IMG_0750.jpg

Quick shot of the back:
normal_IMG_0761.jpg

fettswatcop said:
Unbelievable!!! And only in a couple of days. The masking technique sure beats out taping! Thank you for sharing.

that's what i love about the latex... it cuts so much drying time out.

i messed up a little bit - i didn't put it on thick enough in some places, which makes it REALLY hard to get off.

if you try it, make sure to put a few layers of the latex down, and it will go really nicely.

more pics!

tonight was acrylic wash night! and paint the earcaps night. and install the borden connector night.

normal_IMG_0772.jpg

normal_IMG_0767.jpg

normal_IMG_0770.jpg

normal_IMG_0766.jpg

normal_IMG_0775.jpg

and if you scroll back up, you'll see this angle pre-paint and pre-washes:

normal_IMG_0769.jpg

That looks FANTASTIC Brian! I have to ask...how did you like the way the earcaps fit in? Did you like the fact they were pre-aligned or would you have rathered lined them up your self? I'm curious about these mods since your the first guy to get/paint up the new helmet.

Keep up the great work!

The helmet looks great, I was a little worried about the red on the mandibles looking too bright, but then it turned out great. Keep up the good work.

MARROW SUN said:
That looks FANTASTIC Brian! I have to ask...how did you like the way the earcaps fit in? Did you like the fact they were pre-aligned or would you have rathered lined them up your self? I'm curious about these mods since your the first guy to get/paint up the new helmet.

Keep up the great work!

i found it really helpful to have the guides. one of the issues i had putting the caps on the msh2 helmet i have is that there wasn't really a good way to hold them in place while the glue set, particularly on the left cap.

the cap kept sliding down on me, so i ended up putting on one side and leaving the helmet on its side until set, then flipped it over and did the same on the other side.

Predatormv said:
The helmet looks great, I was a little worried about the red on the mandibles looking too bright, but then it turned out great. Keep up the good work.

the colors in the photos from my basement are all messed up due to the strange lighting. it's all flourescent, but some of the tubes are warm, some are cool, and some are "natural".

the ones taken upstairs are far more realistic :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back