Where IS everyone?

Iceheart

Active Hunter
*crickets chirping*

Somebody must be working on SOMETHING....

Me, I'm in the middle of redoing all my chest armor so it actually might fit me.

Where do you get the really thin hinge for the center, anyway? I found one at Lowes, but it's really thick.

Julie

Iceheart said:
*crickets chirping*

Somebody must be working on SOMETHING....

Me, I'm in the middle of redoing all my chest armor so it actually might fit me.
Me? I'm helping a friend with some decidedly non-Star Wars-ish costuming. But I'm checking out the Zam reference CD on a regular basis. Pre-planning counts for something, right? ;)

About that chest armor of yours -- are you building a new set from scratch, or just fixing up what you have?

Jo Lynne -- Total Zam Newbie, so new she doesn't even know what to ask about first

Gee, whose costumes might those be? *whistles innocently*

And it's shaping up like we're going to scratch-build the whole set, since my armor mechanic keeps coming up with comments like "You know, it would be really easy to sculpt out those hose connectors in resin..."

I did the top panels, and they were all kinds of easy. I cut the bottom layers out of a heavier Sintra sheet, wrapped them in leather, then cut the top plates out of a really thin plastic, cut the lettering into them, and I'm trying to get them rub n' buffed and weathered before I glue them to the bottom plate.

It's not hard, really!

Julie

I still check in from time to time to see what everyone's up to ;) .. I've got plenty of other projects going on though :)

Iceheart said:
And it's shaping up like we're going to scratch-build the whole set, since my armor mechanic keeps coming up with comments like "You know, it would be really easy to sculpt out those hose connectors in resin..."
Feel free to toss your rejects and discards my way! (y)

Iceheart said:
I did the top panels, and they were all kinds of easy.... It's not hard, really!
But it sounds like it! Right now, threading a serger in the dark with one mittened hand sounds easier to me! :eek:

*goes back to studying reference CD*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I haven't worked much on the batch of neoprene yet. I had someone very close to me that passed away, and had to fly out to CA to help arrange the funeral. I am still in mourning. So, the things I have had in mind - selling off some of my stuff and getting the neoprene situated, have been put on hold this month. Sorry I haven't worked on stuff as fervently as you are used to seeing me do or respond to. Judz Dwedd, I do intend on sending you your stuff back soon, but for others who I said I would send stuff to, will have to be put on hold. The 501st has just asked me to document the entire costume for their Zam qualifications standards board. Please bear with me as this is also a daunting task. I will do all that I can to help, but I need do deal with personal issues at hand first and foremost.

For newbs, I encourage you all to make sure to read all the old threads if you have any questions. DCB and I have done our best to consolidate the threads into relevant topics, and we do realize many pictures that I have inserted are missing due to the TDH conversion waay back, as well as clearing of personal webspace. Sorry for this. I don't have the time to put them back up. So, if you know that I had posted some pic of my own that you saved, feel free to post it back onto the board for someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your loss, ZIA. :( I'll be thinking about you.

If you need any help with the Zam qualification stuff, remember you have several dedicated Zammers around here who I'm sure would be willing to do anything you need. *raises hand* So let me know if I can help, okay?

Hope life settles down for you soon.

Julie

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back