amiadfilter strikes again!

Well I purchased one of amiadfilter's recast buckets off ebay about a month ago. Mine, however, did not look as bad as poor deadbolt's, and I can say that it is infact "mystery" size I measured it myself to make sure.

Not to say that there aren't any problems with the casting, mine does need to be sanded around the bottom edge, and the inside is just pure fiberglass. There is no solid coating other than a layer of black primer inside. But the helmet is a solid workable peice without any holes and mine came with all of the parts including the stalk. I have started to paint it ESB style by hand and from the outside with the paint on it it looks pretty dang good. I would post some pics but my camera's usb cable is missing.

I think amadfilter my have read deadbolts post and all of your replys because mine is a much better project helmet than his. It was still pricey at $180 bucks (including shipping). I know I got burned there, but what are you gonna do right?

I will probably get another bucket later but if I can manage to turn this one into the helmet I want then I know my second will be a sinch.

Yeah, I have one of those too - mine isnt so bad...

Its a nice size... fits me perfectly...

Its been cleaning up rather nicely... I am still sanding and finishing it...

mine was also not too pretty on the inside...

I should begin to paint soon... but I want to make sure its exactly the way I want it before I lay down any paint.

ah, well... live and learn...
I bought it before I found this site...

once again I will say I HATE EBAY!

Desert_Beagle said:
and the inside is just pure fiberglass. There is no solid coating other than a layer of black primer inside.

You're definitely gonna have to coat the inside, unless you like having a reeeeally itchy head :lol:
Not sure what I'd recommend. . . maybe one of those rubberized paints? The ones you use to put "grippy" surfaces on tools?
Anybody else have any ideas?

On covering the inside, I was planning on using a kind of helmet foam to line the entire inside and cover that in a type of cloth. My original intent was to build a voice amp mic into the helmet but I'll probably do that for my second one.

Desert_Beagle said:
Well I purchased one of amiadfilter's recast buckets off ebay about a month ago. Mine, however, did not look as bad as poor deadbolt's, and I can say that it is infact "mystery" size I measured it myself to make sure. QUOTE]

Uh......Deadbolt wasn't the one who got screwed.....I WAS! I talked deadbolt out of buying that helmet. Hey Beagle, can you send a mail to amiadfilter asking him to send me, Cookiemongoloid, all of the parts he OWE'S me. Thanks.

By the way, I am glad you did not have to suffer the horrific ordeal I had to, buying from amiadfilter. Cheers!

cookiemongoloid said:
Oh Mr. Geoff Higgens. How did you know what his name was Marrow Sun?

I've done my homework. He was a member here years ago. If he still is I imagine he's using a sockpuppet account to check in.;)

MARROW SUN said:
I've done my homework. He was a member here years ago. If he still is I imagine he's using a sockpuppet account to check in.;)

i'm glad i'm not the only one gifting with psychological powers :lol:

-=QuinN!

Everyone complains about him, yet nobody gives him negative feed-back. Give some negative feed-back or stop complaining about it!

pennywise said:
Everyone complains about him, yet nobody gives him negative feed-back. Give some negative feed-back or stop complaining about it!

:lol:

Pretty good point :lol: But on the flip side, anyone who's trying to keep their OWN feedback rating tidy, wouldn't want to risk a retaliatory negative feedback from this jack. A double edged sword, indeed ;)

FP

While his helmet might not be so bad, us geeks that have been spoiled on TDH made helmets will tell you his helmet is very very bad in comparison, might as well spent just a little more for a better canvas.

fettpride said:

Pretty good point :lol: But on the flip side, anyone who's trying to keep their OWN feedback rating tidy, wouldn't want to risk a retaliatory negative feedback from this jack. A double edged sword, indeed ;)

FP
I totally understand, but if nobody ever leaves NEG. feed-back, this is going to keep happening. Come on, somebody have a pair and leave this guy what he deserves!

Just out of curiosity, why did we dig this out of the dungeons. Amiadfilter sucks and lets leave it at that. But on the flip side one of his helmets can be made into something with work.

Granted, for what it costs you can get an MS3 or BM bucket with less than half the cleanup job, but I didn't know any better.

fettpride said:

FP
FP that is exactly what i think...that is a problem with ebay. I wish they would figure out a better feedback system.(n)

In my case I didn't think it was bad until I found other helmets to compare it to. By that time I had already left feedback and like others have said, maintaining your score on eBay is important to some when dealing with the possibility of retaliatory feedback.

And might I add it is an individual's responsibility to research before buying. Of course taking one's own advice I would hope that future purchases are wisely made >.< But hindsight is 20/20 :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back