amiadfilter strikes again!

I'm not sure I could accuse him of not having the pictured item... it looks the same, except for the extra fiberglass on the bottom of the helmet.

I'll attach a pic of my helmet and link the auction, since it's over now.

305192820_81267ed251.jpg

and here's the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320046192965&rd=1&rd=1

I'm going to leave him feedback at the last possible minute, he's a known retliator. I have reported him to the proper people at Ebay and they are currently resolving several cases against him.
GOOD! That's what you guys have to do!!!!! So he retaliates and you have 99.9% feedback, WHO CARES! You did the right thing!(y)

GeekPastor, actually that is NOT the helmet pictured in the auction. In the auction, it was a Mystery Helmet with the attached ear cap, not the MS recast that you received. The item description states "This helmet requires very little sanding and absolutely no removal of unsightly seams. Who knows what you'll get from someone else!" - I would beg to differ otherwise. Be sure to complain about every imperfection in the helmet and list the reasons why this product is not the one pictured. You have every right to submit an Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described, that's how I was able to get my refund. Do not let this guy tell you otherwise, he'll try to steal your money for sure.

BTW, check his feedback. Who cares if he retaliates against me? I feel much better now. Who wants to go next? At this rate, we should be able to shut him down.

ill certainly leave negative feedback...even if the bucket is in 'Ok' condition when i receive it.....i like being mean to people i think derserve it :lol:

-Wulf

I just sent him a message to allow him to respond (like the ebay rules say to do)

But it looks like I'm back on the hunt for a helmet, and since I am on a time crunch and have a deadline... does anyone want to sell a painted ESB helmet?

BTW, check his feedback. Who cares if he retaliates against me? I feel much better now. Who wants to go next? At this rate, we should be able to shut him down.
I've been hearing people complain about him for over a year now, if those guys left NEG. feedback as they should have in the begining, we still would'ent be talking about this unfortunately.:(

I just sent him a message to allow him to respond (like the ebay rules say to do)

But it looks like I'm back on the hunt for a helmet, and since I am on a time crunch and have a deadline... does anyone want to sell a painted ESB helmet?

I would suggest contacting SgtFang to get one of his Mystery Helmets. It's what I should have done and probably will be doing pretty soon.

ARHG!! I wish I would have seen this post on 11/22/06 I ordered one of his buckets to finally start creating my own ESB Fett and went by his positive feedback that everything was good. 2 days later a neg pops into feedback. I'm now waiting for it any word from amiad or the helm to arrive. Even though I only have 1 positive feedback from the only other auction I have done I'll leave neg on him if I have to.

Geekpastor, do you have any pictures of the helmet from other angles? It looks mishappen a little, but it could be the angle of the picture I suppose. Mine showed up okay, but it was turned into a Jango, so the seperate pieces worked for me in that I could reposition them lower to be more accurate....

Mister Fett 1975 did you measure your helmet? I though the same thing but the measurements were all very close, if not spot on to the Mystery Helmet dimensions on TK409's site...I think he just "redid" a mystery helmets parts as seperate pieces.

Just thought I'd chime in.

Having seen a MS bucket up close and having previously owned a Mystery Helmet (I was Jango a year or 2 ago), it is definitely a poor recast of that bucket. Given the way this guy recasts, saying that he took the time to make separate pieces would be giving him way too much credit.

Anyone notice that Amiadfilter hasn't posted a new helmet for sale in a few days? He normally puts a new one up after the previous auction ended. It makes me wonder if he reads the forums here ....

I think i might have ended up with one of these buckets, although through a different route. They are a little rough inside and they do need a little work but they are not all bad. With a bit of love and care these can turn out alright.

Don't get me wrong though, this guy should not advertise them as needing no work etc as thats just a plain lie. But at the end of the day i was happy to get a bucket which i could turn into something nice. Just my pennies worth.

Has anyone salvaged one of these helmets? I'm curious to see if someone actually worked on one. I'm wondering what to do with the inside since it's all rigged from the fiber glass and coating.

I'm experimenting with it to see if it is indeed salvageable. I'm going to try using an 80 grit flapwheel attachment on my dremel and knock down the really sharp areas. How bad is the outside of your helmet? Mine needs an awful lot of bondo to actually make the dome smooth and not so wavy, as well as the areas on either side of the visor - they're indented almost. I'll have to post pics of it when I can get some more time with the camera.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back