Zam connectors

Capt Needle

New Hunter
I am looking for the connector that attaches the hose to the vest,
used in a water timer from Australia?
Can some one tell me where I can find them?
Thanks
M

I was looking at attaching a garden hose connecting system to my TIE helmet and went to look for a tap connection I could play around with.

Look what I found, I've walked past these MANY times and never took much notice........

Tap-1.gif

Tap-2.gif

I think they'll do nicely :D

Ya know, I live in Australia and our property has an irrigation system, but did I even think of looking at it for the connectors? Man I'm an idiot:lol:

Cheers,

Kraig

Attachments

• Tap-1.gif
    Tap-1.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Tap-2.gif
    Tap-2.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 313
Thanks MonCal :)

Well, we took a trip to the local hardware store and found the item, it's a....

Pope BSP nut & tail, they come in 20 & 25mm, under $3Aus. Since I'm not that far into the build of the vest, I haven't looked into it yet, but if anyone can let me know which dimension is correct, I can buy them and ship them to you guys at cost of item plus postage, packaging, plus Paypal fee's (4% I think) . I won't take a fee, what I pay is what you'll pay. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kraig

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Julie,

We will pick up a set tomorrow - the hose we are using is 25mm or 1" (Moncal sent it to us, so hope you can get the same size).

Once we get them, we will have to work out the postage cost to the US.

Cheers

Kraig & Wendy

Thanks!!! If my hoses are more than 1" they're not MUCH more. I'm excited now... We were just getting ready to go in search of new connectors for my brand new chest armor, too. Yeah, I think those will do ;)

*does happy dance of Australian hose connector joy*

Julie

Hi Julie,

Have just got back from the hardware store, and the post office.

The connectors cost $2AUS, but airmail including packaging & paypal fee to the States is $9.70.

Total cost to you, and anyone else interested will be $11.70 AUS.

If interested please PM your address, and we can get it shipped same day.

Cheers

Kraig & Wendy

PM sent, but just so she doesn't have to repeat information, I'd like a set for Zamovar too. If you don't get back to the hardware store anytime soon, I understand. I don't think we're in any hurry!

Iceheart said:
PM sent, but just so she doesn't have to repeat information, I'd like a set for Zamovar too. If you don't get back to the hardware store anytime soon, I understand. I don't think we're in any hurry!

Hi Julie,

Just checking if you have received the connectors? :)

Kraig & Wendy

Hi Asok

I can go to the local hardware and get some for you if you like. Same price as the others.

Let us know

Kraig & Wendy

Thanks! I just it will be a week or 2 before I have the money. A tornado moved out truck and I need to get it fixed first.

No problem,

just let us know when you are ready, and I will pick them up, and can post the next day.

Cheers

Kraig & Wendy

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back