Chicago Photoshoot Pics

Hey Craig,

Did you have a conflicting schedule?? I was wondering why you didn't come up!!.

DG

Jodo Kast 3 said:
Sounds like it was blast. Sorry I missed you guys as well. I would have loved to come up there and have my Shadow costume shot...no biggie.

Wes, do you and Brandy plan on making it up to do Wizard World with us?

Its always a great time.

Craig

Here's a shot of Trent as Stormtrooper with a lightsaber. Extremely close to one of the Insider magazine. Great job.

Trent_Trooper.jpg

Thats a sharp pic of Trent!!

Dana...Yeah, I could`nt get there because me and Lisa had a family B-Day party on sat afternoon.

Been busy as hell with wedding stuff as well....

Looking forward to our next get together...

Craig

Family comes first. Totaly understand. I got you're and Lisa's item in the mail the other day. Thanks very much, I'll be making it for sure, can't wait.

That stormtrooper looks great! How do you get the shots that are from high up? Do you have a really tall tripod, or do you just stand on a ladder or something?

Sarlaccbits: It's for people who want really nice pics of their costumes. Thats all. Braks has the stuff and the skills to make them come out really well so he does it for his brothers and sisters here on TDH.

Took the shot from up high on a step stool... yes! I did bang my head a few times but not on that shot, Brak's Buddy took that shot.

askywalker98 said:
That stormtrooper looks great! How do you get the shots that are from high up? Do you have a really tall tripod, or do you just stand on a ladder or something?

SarlaccBits said:
One quick question...
are these photos for anything specific?
or just because people wanted super-nice photos of their outfits?
:)

As PredMV said, there is no real reason for these pics other than making hi-res shots available to people.

But since you asked.... :lol:

It started with me taking shots of a number of TDHers (Dean O, Seeker, Mirax, etc) after the TDH get-together at Dragon Con 2003. Below is one of those pics of Mirax.

jango_05.jpg

The crappy background and poor lighting really annoyed me, as do most all con pics because I feel like people work so hard on their costumes and then they have poorly lit pictures with distracting backgrounds taken. I wanted to see if I couldn't change that. I bought lights, cameras, misc other equipment, and 2 years later, here we are... I pretty much only take costume pics and honestly, all I know I learned either online from being unhappy with my own pics of from experience. The purpose of it all is indeed to hopefully provide people with pics that give justice to all their hard work and efforts. I still have a lot to learn but even with my meager skills people seem to be fairly happy and that alone makes it worth it.

Excellent shots and post. Really.

Hopefully I could hook up with you guys one more time if you some to So. Cal. Kind of on a tight student budget right now, so I haven't been able to meet up since CIII.

I'd love to get a few nice shots in armor. Unfortunetely, I no longer have my Mando armor, but I do still have some (standard) Stormtrooper and a SDS Stunt. It would be great to get at least one high quality photograph in it. :)

SarlaccBits said:
One quick question...
are these photos for anything specific?
or just because people wanted super-nice photos of their outfits?
:)

Braks should totally do a "best of " costumers book or disk!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back