MY FIRST JANGO KNEE.WHAT DO YOU THINK?

fettsbehindyou

New Hunter
hi all,well this years been up and down.first i'm made redundant and give up making my fett(boo!),then i find my nan dead in her home :( BUT now as she has left me alot of money and she always liked my star wars costumes i am now making a jango in her honour.so,after the history here is where i am,i brought a set of jango leg armour and knee armour from ebay and i have just completed one,what do you think.i am not completey happy with it but i am sure i can change them at a later date.thanks for reading this.mike

06012200.JPG

06012201.JPG

06012203.JPG

06012204.JPG

06012205.JPG

Nice job Mike and very sorry to hear about your nan.
Don't give up on your Fett. It will come to be soon enough. I'm still working on mine;-)

Sorry to hear about your loss bro.

The knees are looking good. If you're not completely satisfied with them, try adding a little bondo to give them curves, shape, etc. It's like playing with mud except that it dries really really quickly, and you can sand on it once it's dry. I handmade my first set of knees in a similar fashion as yours.

Keep up the good work. It's a nice tribute to your nan already.

Cruzer

looks pretty good for the first one. It's true with what TK-938 said about wizardoflight. Wish those plans were around during the beginning. :D

thanks for the kind words.i will really miss my nan.she was scared of my vader costume but always told people about it.anyway where do i get a good size jango bucket from?i have a rubies and my head is too big for it,any good ones out there?thanks mike.

First things to consider when looking at buckets are how much $$ do you have to spend and how tall are you? Different buckets for different pocket sizes and body sizes. :)

Cruzer

hi cruzer,i'm 6'3" and money is not an issue,i tried on my friends rubies boba helmet and somehow cut my ear,not nice,so i would like a nice quality one,i would presume in fiberglass?,i have no idea so any help is greatly welcome thanks guys.:)

sorry to hear bout your nanny...

those knees look great! though, wizardofflight has already posted draft templates for jango knees ( i think they're draft).

I have a BKBT (bigkidsbiggertoys) Jango and love it. My head is 7 3/4 inches and it fits.

boba-fetts-behind-you said:
hi cruzer,i'm 6'3" and money is not an issue,i tried on my friends rubies boba helmet and somehow cut my ear,not nice,so i would like a nice quality one,i would presume in fiberglass?,i have no idea so any help is greatly welcome thanks guys.:)

boba-fetts-behind-you said:
thanks for the kind words.i will really miss my nan.she was scared of my vader costume but always told people about it.

Sorry for your loss.

Why not post a pic of the Vader. I'd like to see it because that was my 1st stand-up I wanted to make, but I went with Boba instead.(y) (y)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back