GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS !

Got Maul

Well-Known Hunter
Finally ! After all the talk in the world, I got off my butt and hammered out my first fully functional belt done out of high impact resin/plastic and leather. To keep the symmetry of boxes, my friends from ACME and I designed a box and mold to pull exact castings. They are held close by a powerful magnet and a piece of sticky back metal on the lip. The only alteration I did have to make was to add a screwable post in the back, but it gets hidden in the back so no sweat !

Finally, something we could put keys and money in while conning !! Tons of THANKS TO GATOR Fett for providing the preliminary box for this project.

I am contemplating a small run of these, but they are were a bit more labor intensive than the static belt I made awhile back. I don't know what the price will be, but I WOULD like to get some interest posts to measure though. I would ONLY sell these in finished lots, as in DONE belts first - don't want to get myself in trouble with so much going on in my life right now !

IMG_1503b.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

THE ALBUM :

http://www.gotmaulkreations.com/gallery/album08

MARROW SUN said:
Thats some really incredable work. It's nice to see original designs that come from "outside the box"

Thanks guys ! Your compliments serve as an ongoing inspiration to keep at the Fett. I showed these to DGasser today and we started to discuss improvements already !!

sweet lookin pouches mang,

I have a quick question for ya, cause im in the process of doing up a functional belt as well. Did u use "double" threads for the stiching? Im asking that because im only using one thread for my flaps and i noticed that yours look alot thicker.

also what are u using for ur boxes what kind of material? is that wood?

for mine im using left over plastic from my Trash can armor and Jet Pack. :p

bigsexyc420 said:
sweet lookin pouches mang,

I have a quick question for ya, cause im in the process of doing up a functional belt as well. Did u use "double" threads for the stiching? Im asking that because im only using one thread for my flaps and i noticed that yours look alot thicker.

also what are u using for ur boxes what kind of material? is that wood?

for mine im using left over plastic from my Trash can armor and Jet Pack. :p

I used nylon thread, you could pick up at Joann's...you will notice from the get go its pretty thick. I know exactly what you are talking about though. You're using regular old cotton thread, that will break if you stress with leather.

The boxes are high impact resin, so they were poured into a silicone mold :)

BobaFettSlave_1 said:
bah! you stole my magnet idea!!! :);) its a PITA to sew the belt by hand. great job

thanks man - nope, had the magnet idea before your thread, but was just too lazy to get it going ! I got the idea from a women's bag, don't make any assumptions :lol:

Also, hand sewing ? OUCH ! PM me if you need help any -

Got Maul said:
someone correct me if I am wrong, but aren't ESB's basically the same thing, just a space in the middle ?

There's one less pouch, a few of the pouches have snaps on the flap and the over all all color is dark choc. brown

The belt looks great GM. (y) I had been wondering if you would get around to this project or not. :) Glad to see you put it together. :cheers

BTW, what's the weight difference between the resin base and the aluminum base? The resin looks thinner than the aluminum, so I am guessing it came out lighter.

Gator

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back