ESB gauntlet colour

Boba Al

New Hunter
Gday guys i think i got a good colour for those ppl trying to get their ESB gauntlet colour right. Im not sure if RS has touched on this subject.....so bear with me.

As i have searched all the way through the thread so far i had trouble finiding reference to the right colour used then i came across mention of Alpine green.... the colour looks great but i still wasnt satified plus i couldnt get it here in OZ so I used a acrylic paint called JO Sonja's Artists gouache colour JADE. Anyway i added a certain amout of black and so on and this is how they turned out after weathering etc.

Anyway hope this helps might not be the exact colour but if you look at most photos its pretty close.

NOTICE how much the colour changes in the various settings and light conditions......

The weathering was a light black was then just scratched off some gren paint to reveal the chome under coat then used black pastel to add around the scratches and finished it off with a clear coat so it wouldnt rub off!

PS the gauntlets arent finished just waiting for the darts etc.

cheers,

Al

cimg33783bz.jpg

cimg33806kx.jpg

cimg33836nr.jpg

cimg33850gz.jpg

I never get tired of seeing people tackle the ESB parts, your gauntlets are looking nice! Your weathering looks good, the idea is to keep the weathering subtle, more black grime than there are silver scratches.

Color looks really good there!! Nice gauntlets. Did you glue your calc pad down yet???? I think you got it on backwards mate.....either that, or I have mine backwards:lol: Crap, now I have to go look!!!!!!
D

I used Krylon "SatinTouch" Italian Olive #3522
straight ou of the rattle can, then some silver scratches, & a black wash
turned out well enough I think.
(can you guess what's on backwards on these;) )

fettt esb gaunts 006.JPG

slave1pilot said:

the calc pad ?

slave1pilot said:

Flamethrower mounting plate!!!!!!!! Ding ding!! Do I win a prize??? :lol:

Hehehhe thanks for the kind comments guys well the calc plate is on the wrong way my fault.... its only got double sided tape so ill turn it around today thanks for that pick up!

Cheers,

Al

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back