*NEW* Aluminum Boba RF Posts

bigkidbiggertoys

Well-Known Hunter
I just had these made up. They are approximately the same length as the Jango posts I sell & will work with all of the helmets out there. The post has a slight taper to it still but is thicker at the neck & the very top. The top radius is now different as well as the back is angled. This was designed specifically with the MS 3 in mind so those of you with a helmet upgrade in mind, pm me for details. Also pictured is the Boba compared to the Jango stalk I make as well.

post 002 copy.jpg

Bobapost copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BKBT is a trusted Fett artisan and has been in the game a long time. I have been a collector of many of his parts and pieces over the years.
The alluminum post is VERY light, but extremely rigid. I use them on all my buckets and they are flawless once polished up and then weathered!;) Not to mention his excellent service!

Awesome job BKBT!(y)

shunned
BH-8899

shunned said:
BKBT is a trusted Fett artisan and has been in the game a long time. I have been a collector of many of his parts and pieces over the years.
The alluminum post is VERY light, but extremely rigid. I use them on all my buckets and they are flawless once polished up and then weathered!;) Not to mention his excellent service!

Awesome job BKBT!(y)

shunned
BH-8899

Same way here, only stalk I will use.

cookiemongoloid said:
Those look really nice, how much will it weigh? I would PM you about this, but i think it should be public.

aluminum weighs very very little. i would never use a resin stalk myself. i'm happy to say that one of these stalks is on its way to me :)

I have one of BKBT's older Boba ones on my MSH2 and it looks perfect. and I agree Vince is a great guy to deal with and I will continue to send my bussiness and my referalls to him for a long time to come.

so, how do people usually attach the rangefinder to these?

the helmet i have now has a pretty interesting stalk. it's aluminum, but is designed so that you cut a slot in the bottom of a hollow RF and slid it in. the top of the stalk hits the inside top of the rangefinder. you end up with a pretty large chunk of metal up inside the RF.

The method I like to use is epoxy the RF post & top together. I then drill a couple of tiny holes & add a couple of machine screws. The aluminum is soft enough that it is easy to drill & you don't need to tap the hole, the screw will make it's own threads if you just work it back out a bit.

bigkidbiggertoys said:
The method I like to use is epoxy the RF post & top together. I then drill a couple of tiny holes & add a couple of machine screws. The aluminum is soft enough that it is easy to drill & you don't need to tap the hole, the screw will make it's own threads if you just work it back out a bit.

that makes sense. i know i'd feel happier with a couple of little screws in there. goop is good, but not that good ;)

thanks!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back