Master Replicas Future Products...

Keegan

Active Hunter
I don't think anyone will know the answers but it doesn't hurt to ask. Has anyone seen the upcoming Master Replicas Fett helmet? I wondered if the prototype has been seen yet. Also I wondered what MR was allowed to work with to create it. We know they have recently been given access to many original pieces and even molds like the ROTS Vader Helmet and I wonder what people think about they possibilities of scanning the Fett helmet vs actually getting the original mold. At the very least I think they will probably get to play with the real helmet for reference. Thoughts anyone?

The info I have seen was what was posted in MR's blog.

I don't think they have released any pics of the Fett helmets or blaster.

I keep checking their website for more info, but haven't found anything new.

I would put the probablitly of a helmet coming from an original mold close to zero percent, given that molding a real helmet could potentially irreversibly damage the helmet and paintjob.

Since the ESB hero helmet is on display at the AOSW exhibit, so you know right off they didn't use that helmet.
That 3D scanning technology seems to be all the rage these days, such as what they used for the stormtrooper helmet and during the sculpting of the ROTS Vader helmet to make it symmetrical. Much safer than pouring silicone all over one of the original helmets in the archvies.

Ah, here it is.

Check the lower right corner. !!!

10127845nc.jpg

One of our members was able to take a visit to MR HQ sometime last year and he was show many of this years upcoming pieces. The Fett Helmet wasn´t finished at that time. Only this fullsized photo was shown to him. It was just a shot for size comparsion and not fully weathered as you notice.

Check out his full report Here

Shape of the left Ear looks good......from what I can tell
Of course WAY too clean....Pretty much looks like a "PHOTOSHOPED" pic of a Jango helmet":facepalm

Any other Leaked photos??...;)

Well lets hope MR pulls it's head out of it's rear end before they mess up the Boba bucket. At the rate they are going it will look like crap, but not a big suprise. Should have a good return just because it's an MR.

Awesome pic! I think its going to look pretty good. The colors all seem to be solid with the possible exception of the uppercheeks which appear perhaps too brown? Weathering ought to be great when fully realized. We will see...

I cant stand "costume" peices made by MR....To be, its going to ruin evrything TDH have done....You could make your own independent costume, or just like all the other rich guys buy your own MR digitaly scanned costume, and prance around in it.

MR makes me sick with their hands in the costuming realm.

jodo said:
I cant stand "costume" peices made by MR....To be, its going to ruin evrything TDH have done....You could make your own independent costume, or just like all the other rich guys buy your own MR digitaly scanned costume, and prance around in it.

to play the devil's advocate, Don Post did the same thing with the Vader helmet and so did MR. If anything they get more people into this hobby...since they don't create the suits and ultimately, everyone who is a truest ultimately wants a fully accurized helmet of which MR or DP will not/have not provided.

Secondly, I don't see them making armor or Jet Packs:) That's our little hobby!

Lightsabers on the otherhand...they killed that industry in prop collecting.

jodo said:

Well said! I can see what's happening too. The 'yuppies' have to get it because its the hot thing to do, then in a couple of years they will leave behind many high priced items when they find a new fad. The same thing happened to several of my hobbies. I don't have the cubic dollars these guys have, but I feel better putting my own touch on my costume.

I like MR stuff, (assuming it's actually delivered and not delayed for months at a time) but I do have one huge beef. Most of their stuff is too shiney and clean! And you can't justify weathering it yourself because you just dropped $300+ on it and any scratch will decrease the value.

So if some dude has a ton of money and puts together an impressive MR display in his home, it's just not gonna look right to my eye. I always prefer well done home grown props that are beaten up and dirty, as Star Wars shoud be.

MR would have saved themselves a ton of headaches with the current batch of clone trooper helmets had they just offered them weathered. Then they could have written off any imperfections in the paint job as weathering:) .

I realy like the MR stuff. Ive never bought any of it (other than the FX cuase those are fun!) but if other people buy thats great. A lot of their stuff is sweet, like the helmets sabers blasters etc. If I had the cash I would get some. If people dont want to paint their own stuff, thats fine with me. People buy painted stuff off of tdh all the time, whats the diff? Just my 2 cents.

-Tony Vida; TK 3204; Austin, Tx

I'm really interested in the level of quality in the Fett helmet. That Don Post Deluxe... dear lord, who painted that? Didn't they even have any reference photos to design it off of?!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back