ESB Ear Cap color?

Nocturne

Active Hunter
Hi all.
I've been working on an ESB bucket, but I'm confused as to ear cap colors.
I've seen silver, green, sand, even (I think) gold.
Which is correct?
Thanks

GCNgamer128 said:
Yes, you are right, the colours are confusing. Mine right now are silver, I might paint them gold soon though.

I've seen allot of Gold ear caps on the range-finder side, but I think BS-1 is right, the "Earth" color is a more Accurate color if you are doing ESB...Per the REF photos anyway...(y)

I used Testors Panzerdunkelgelb on mine. That was according to the Rogue Studios color list, and I think it matches the reference pics pretty closely.

Cunning stuff.... Interestingly the Art of Starwars seems to show that the right (rf) earcap is indeed 'earth', but the left cap seems to be olive drab... Is this just lighting or is that an accurate observation?

Nocturne said:
Cunning stuff.... Interestingly the Art of Starwars seems to show that the right (rf) earcap is indeed 'earth', but the left cap seems to be olive drab... Is this just lighting or is that an accurate observation?

You got it..I mean it's not just the lighting..;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a Tamiya colour called Desert Yellow, I like it :)

earcaps.JPG

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back