My M_S ESB Progress

Spideyfett said:
Question: what color are you using under the Cheeks??

The dark green is by Tamiya, it is simply called 'Green' I think it needs a black wash to make it a little darker, Webchief pointed this out to me over on the RPF.
I just checked, its PS-9 Green, all the colours are picked by me, I dont have an airbrush or any experience with an airbrush so I chose to go this way, if the results are good then Im going to hopefully get an M_S 3 and try to progress my skills, if any

HeadlessHunter said:
The dark green is by Tamiya, it is simply called 'Green' I think it needs a black wash to make it a little darker, Webchief pointed this out to me over on the RPF.

(y) (y) Yeah a black wash would be good.....looks great.

Ok, time to update, ive been busy adding the 'Red' to the mandibles, I seriously underestimated how long it would take to mask off the silver areas I wanted to leave, after about an hour solid of masking I added the red, at first it appeared to have gone on to heavy and I was more than a little concerned, however after 3 hours I removed the maskol and was pretty happy with what I got, Ive also added some of the dark/light grey around the scratches, Ive been mainly using the fantastic ref photos available (thanks Braks) even though Its not 100% Im happy with how its progressing, again please let me know your thoughts on this, Ive not yet added the black wash to the cheeks, thats to come tommorow, right now I need a large coffee and a sit down, thanks for your interest (y)

PS once this helmet is complete I will be compiling a list of the colours I used, just incase anyone is interested.

P1010216.jpg

P1010217a.jpg

I'll be posting pics tommorow of my brand new BobaMaker RF top, big thanks to Daz, this thing is amazing and it really looks great, I havent got much done this week, I was trying to have abit of time away from the helmet as my eyesight was gettin kinda blurry from staring at all those cursed ref photos, Ive added a black wash to the lower cheeks though and its looking alot better, thanks guys, keep watchin!!!

Ok, I promise more photos are on their way, Ive finished the kill marks, I did these by hand, mixed up my colour til I was happy with the shade, then I drew the outlines with a pencil which I then went over using a toothpick and very small amounts of paint, once dried I filled them in, also the pics of the RF will be going up, stay tuned

New Pics ******

Heres some shots of the Bobamaker RF top, many thanks to Daz for this awesome addition to my helmet:cheers Also you can see my first attempt at the killmarks, Im fairly happy overall but I will definitely add a shade more yellow as they are a bit too orange, as always I welcome all comments and criticisms enjoy

stripes1.JPG

rf1.JPG

earcaps.JPG

P1010218.jpg

WOW great Job HH...(y)

Did you darken those under cheeks? Looks like ya did, they came out great.

On the Kill-Stripes you may just want to use the "PASTEL" technique to darken. It works.(y)

Spideyfett said:
WOW great Job HH...(y)

Did you darken those under cheeks? Looks like ya did, they came out great.

On the Kill-Stripes you may just want to use the "PASTEL" technique to darken. It works.(y)

I did black wash the under cheeks but I am still not 100% happy and so Im going to try the pastel method, also the colour on the rear is not anyway near finished, ive mixed up a good blue wash to add to it as I feel it has a definite blue tone.

Looking good but I have a question on the left ear piece. That green is WAY too bright.... do you have plans to tone it down? Also the red on the mandibles still seems to be too bright as well...it should be more of a maroon then red.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back