is scratch built a way to go

albertabeeffett

New Hunter
hello fellows. i was just wondering if it is a good idea to start a fett helmet from scratch and if so i would like some blueprints or measurements to get me started.

any reply would be helpful. thanx

I am following the lead of Kripps, and building a scratch built bucket, too. It is slow, but that's because I work 50-60 hours a week and have a young son and a lot of other time commitments. I would think a young guy with energy to burn could bang one out fairly quick.

I personally am building it from scratch because I want this costume to be all mine. Everything will be crafted to me. I love Fett, but this is also a personal challenge. MS, BM, etc. all make absolutely AMAZING pieces, but they're just not for me. That stuff is theirs, and like I said, fantastic. Plus, I don't have the funds for it. My wife doesn't bother me too much about my Star Wars fanatism, but she would really get on me if I spent thousands of dollars on a costume!

It's all a personal choice. If you want the best, most accurate costume, certainly go with some of the stuff offered here. I doubt you'll be disappointed. If you want a costume just for you, give scratch building a go. When it's said and done, my bucket, before paint, will cost around $30, and that includes $15 for the batting helmet.

And I'm pretty sure everything on Fett was scratch bulit for the movie, so I think scratch built is MORE screen accurate!

Kibosh - that is exactly what i feel. There is stuff out there 100% than my stuff, but it is not mine. My Fett costume is going to be all mine, a personal challange like you said.

Put it there chap Bring on the scratch builts

Well gents,
I concur. I also wish I had the funds to buy pieces from the above mentioned artists.......but I don't so I'll build everything myself.
The helmet has most definately become an obsession for me. This is my 4th and hopefully, actually......with WOF's templates I know this will be my last. There is a certain satisfaction with building things yourself.
Good luck with either decision you make.

Josh

albertabeeffett said:
hello fellows. i was just wondering if it is a good idea to start a fett helmet from scratch and if so i would like some blueprints or measurements to get me started.

any reply would be helpful. thanx

well, i would say scratch built if u don't wanna spend a lot of money, but if have a lot, i say buy one instead. i think the highest helmets can go is 150 dollars.

Depending on where you live, conversion and shipping rates can make some helmets over $250. Bobamaker's, for example, is listed as $230 USD for the deluxe helmet, not including shipping to the states.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back