What do you think of this armor?

cookiemongoloid

Active Hunter
Im not sure what to think of this armor. It looks pretty descent to me, and the price is so-so. I really would like FP armor, but he NEVER returns my messages. so tell me what you think of this.
f8_1.jpg

6c_1.jpg

5d_1.jpg

74_1.jpg

Attachments

• f8_1.jpg
    f8_1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 6c_1.jpg
    6c_1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 5d_1.jpg
    5d_1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 74_1.jpg
    74_1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 158
eh... i dunno. you could always try MLC armor or BM armor. i think they are the next best thing to FP's. i love my fp armor :D. but FP is Really Really buisy you can always try pming him on the RPF forums. but he said hes got a mountain of PM's to go through. :/

It looks like the battle damage version of the armor I purchased off of ebay. I am starting to work on mine when I get the chance. Mine will require a bit of work to get some parts to fit because I am a larger guy but with some work I think it will work fine. Wish I had the battle damage type so I don't have to try to create damage myself.

This isn't my armor, it's some armor for sale on ebay. I was considering buying it, but I learned from my crappy recast helmet to ALWAYS consult The Dented Helmet before making ANY purchases. Gonzo, your armor looks pretty good. I never thought I liked BM armor, yours looks better than I thought. I also heard that FP armor is cheaper. BM is really really really expensive. But I probably will end up getting BM if FP never responds to me.

cookiemongoloid said:
BM is really really really expensive. But I probably will end up getting BM if FP never responds to me.

Yeah tell me about I'm still licking my wounds still :p
But IMO it is worth every pence...err penny

FP is Fett Pride, a member here who hasn't really been to active for some time now. He makes the BEST of the BEST of everything in my opinion. His armor is legendary, even here. I am not too familiar with MLC's stuff, I've heard he makes wicked jet packs though:love .

cookiemongoloid said:
FP is Fett Pride, a member here who hasn't really been to active for some time now. He makes the BEST of the BEST of everything in my opinion. His armor is legendary, even here. I am not too familiar with MLC's stuff, I've heard he makes wicked jet packs though:love .

Only when I see the name do I go "Ahh so it is"... Thanks.

Tack said:
It looks like the battle damage version of the armor I purchased off of ebay.
Tack...this is the same set I just bought too.

I'll let you guys know the quality when it receives.

I am pretty impressed with the set. Not fiberglass or the such but for a first set I think it will work well enough.

JoNich- You look like a bigger guy, this armor is cut big so it should fit you well. I am 6'3" and 350. The front plates fit good on me, the back needs some extra shaping work to fit well. The leg and shin guards are slightly small in their original form but they can be shaped without too much trouble.

I just received mine today. I'm pretty impressed. Cookiemongoloid...I bought the cheaper "non-dented" version of that armor pictured. It's from the same buyer. Tack got the same set.

I'd have to give it a thumbs up for my first set of armor. It's just about the same as what I would have done with sintra myself...and it's already cut and molded for me!

P.S., Tack, being a little smaller frame than you, it seems to fit almost perfect. But yes...I will have to do a little extra bending to "fine tune" it.

Well, to be honest, here's my critique:

1) The chest armor is all wrong for Boba - too many straight lines

2) The shoulder bells are way too narrow.

3) Not a bad back piece but a little too rounded overall.

3) Collar plate is too skinny.

4) Pretty good on the dents- gotta admit that.

Not sure what this guy charges. I've made over 50 sets of Fett armor for here as well as on Ebay. Here's a few pics of my work:

My Jodo Kast version (essentially the same as Boba except for paint and damage)

md-ProgressPics2%20006.jpg

and here's my custom (again with Boba chest armor but with the addition of Jango style legs)
md-auction2.JPG

Note: These are based on the WoL templates so all design credit goes to him.

And just for fun, here's custom back armor I made:

md-EA4.JPG

You can always PM me for info if you want.

JoNich, good to hear that you won't have to do alot of work to get yours started. I have decided I probably won't even worry about the back armor at all, that way I can just focus on the front. I have also decided to go with a different type of leg armor and take the shin armor peices and work them into my gauntlets for a super custom look. My forarms are so big they fit perfictally on them where I would have to do some major bending to fit them on my legs.

Jodo_Kast: I agree the armor is not Boba or Jango perfict, I wouldn't have bought them if I was looking for a cannon costume. I want to do a complete custom Mando so exacts wern't in my requirments.

Tack said:
Jodo_Kast: I agree the armor is not Boba or Jango perfict, I wouldn't have bought them if I was looking for a cannon costume. I want to do a complete custom Mando so exacts wern't in my requirments.

Oh yeah, please understand that I was merely offering an objective critique of the armor. I'm way more custom friendly that most so no digs intended to the purchaser.

No offense taken, just pointing out more to other readers that the armor is good for the custom mandos and the like.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back