Need a good pick of the back of a screen used ESB!!

evan4218

Active Hunter
I have looked through the Reference CD for Fett and I am having trouble finding a good pick of the bakc of the ESB helmet. I knoticed sombody a day or so ago posted a pick of the ESB on display, if sombody had a pick of the back of the helmet and could post it here or send it to me I would be super thankful!! :)

Here is one pic, scaled down. I'll email you the full-sized version, but this photo and many others should be available on the site linked above.

back1.jpg

Yes, go to that link RBF mentioned! It was an invaluable resource when I painted my ESB bucket.

"If you strike that link, you will find more pics than you can possibly imagine. . ." :lol:

Eric

The blue marker appeared on the helmet after filming. Given how poorly most SW props were stored at the time, who knows how it actually ended up on the helmet.

cookiemongoloid said:
one of us would sell our souls to even touch the helmet.

ummm,..I'm thinkin' the pics were good enough for me to make one of my own:lol: Not lookin' to spend eternity in damnation to touch a hunk of plastic/fiberglass.;)

Steve

hey I noticed that in a couple of the pics there were two things that kind of looked like wire nuts sticking out of the "keyholes?". and in others they were not there. were they something that was attached to the calculator part originally?

To the best of our knowledge, the wirenuts were only on the 3 helmets that were outsourced for paiting-- the preproduction 2, ROTJ, and preproduction virutally unseen.

None of the four Empire-style helmets nor the Preproduction Eyes helmet have wirenut.

nuts.jpg

Loooooong time Debate........

On the ESB Back, and based on the Ref Material, Camera Angles, and the ALL important Lighting ......Question on the COLOR.........???:
Blue GREEN??.....or Greenish BLUE?????:confused

Backcolor.jpg

For the record I painted mine with a "Dunkebleau Blue" and washed over it with "Euro green"....just seemed right to me after all the pic staring.

Steve

I gotta go with the one on the right. The left looks like everything has a blue hue going on all over the shot.

Spideyfett said:
Loooooong time Debate........

On the ESB Back, and based on the Ref Material, Camera Angles, and the ALL important Lighting ......Question on the COLOR.........???:
Blue GREEN??.....or Greenish BLUE?????:confused

tylerdurden said:
To the best of our knowledge, the wirenuts were only on the 3 helmets that were outsourced for paiting-- the preproduction 2, ROTJ, and preproduction virutally unseen.

None of the four Empire-style helmets nor the Preproduction Eyes helmet have wirenut.

View attachment 7548

Thanks! It just caught my eye and got me wondering.
Troy

Gonzo Fett said:
I gotta go with the one on the right.
I tend to lean to that one too....but I've seen many great looking buckets that are more Bluish and seem to look pretty accurate too........thanks.

Spidey,
Is it just me but does the first pic you put up appears to have a blue hue to the whole helmet even the green looks a little bluish? Perhaps an old pic or bad photo maybe?

pghfett said:
Spidey,
Is it just me but does the first pic you put up appears to have a blue hue to the whole helmet even the green looks a little bluish? Perhaps an old pic or bad photo maybe?

Oh You're right...
The first pic was from Braks Buddy's Ref pics before he put them on CD...the Second more greenish is from Brak's too (I think) on the Boards MOM exhibit ref pics,,,,,,,,
Just was hoping to get some feedback from those that might of actually seen the ESB bucket up close, as most of us have not, and we all know what camera flash does to the colors,,,,,...:facepalm

Man you guys are the kings! Those photos helped so much. As far as the color comparison on the back of the helmet. Using what I know as a graphic designer. The photo on the right is closer to being color corrected the the one on the left. Neither picture is completely color correct but the photo on the left has lots of contamination to its color all around. I used basic color corection to enhance some of the pics I got from the reference CD from this site. IT helped me figure out what colors to darken or lighten as far as my paints go. After studying the pics of the back of the ESB I feel the green is a flater darker version of the Dome color with just a hint more of blue to it.

Thanks for posting those. (y)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back