real stupid question

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
I feel as though i should know this by now ( i thought i knew evey inch of Fetts suit) but......

Does the ESB costume not have ankle spats? and if so what do the ankle ties look like?

like i said i feel really stupid for asking this question and i am deeply ashamed :eek:

I'm sure there are much better photos out there, but this is what they basically look like:
dsc006844em.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jon,
I might be mistaken but ESB doesn't have the ankle spats , only ROTJ does.
So no worry for those dumb things, another reason ESB is better. :lol:

from a ROTJ who knows the dumb things aren't on ESB because he reads the older threads....(!!!) I had a velcro strip that closed on the back causing the ends of the jumpsuit to fold in a simmilair way as the real one had...

:) claws out at dawn RBF!!!!

Only kidding. I really hadn't seen any threads on this subject until today and you can't look up a problem unless you are aware of it. I hope you can see where i am coming from. :rolleyes

Thanks for the advise though

RBF said:
from a ROTJ who knows the dumb things aren't on ESB because he reads the older threads....(!!!) I had a velcro strip that closed on the back causing the ends of the jumpsuit to fold in a simmilair way as the real one had...

just typed in "ankle spats" in the search thread and 8th from above was this one...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=2785&highlight=ankle+spats

anyways, the vlecro strip I mentioned was like attached at the inside seem line of the jumpsuit and the other part of the velcro was on the outside seem line of the jumpsuit leg ends.

then when you pull the strap to close on the other side the thing sits very simmilair as the original...imo anyway.

on this pic the dark blue in the diagram is like the back of the jumpsuit, the white thingy is the piece of velcro... the other piece is sewn on the strip... hope that helps...

jumpsuit.JPG

RBF - thanks for the diagram. It helps.

I think I will create something similar to the old British gaitors which infantry used to wear. ie a strip of material approx 5cm wide which can be wrapped around the ankle and secured with velcro (similar to what you produced). I am not 100% convinced on what exactly is happening with the movie costume but imo neither is anyone else so i guess i can get away with a little artistic license. :)

Thanks for the replies ppl

It seems most of my pictures were on my old photohost and are now broken.
I'll try to repost most of the pictures that convinced me there are no spats on the ESB suit.

I believe all we are seeing is the effect of the velcro ankle closure, which we see on the jumpsuit at MoM, AOSW, and in SW Chronicles, wrapping around the pant leg material.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back