About your Rub n Buffed Armor

JangoUri

Active Hunter
Hey guys, Finally, Today i´ve been experimenting with rub n buff over my codpiece. First I must say I love rub n buff. It just looks really metal.

I´m doing it just like Skalen Fehl said to me once : "The big secret is to use very small amounts at a time. I tiny bit goes a very long way. Rub it in a little at a time and rub hard and fast to seal it in with the friction. Your palm may hurt a little from the friction but that's when you know it's sealed. Just work a little area at a time before going to the next area. This stuff blends very well."

But, every time I touch the cod piece it detaches a bit residue. And if I touch hardly, it detaches more residue. I see no way to make it 100% SEALED :facepalm

I had the same thing happen. I had to wait about 10 minutes then take a clean soft cloth and buff it like your life depends on it. ;)

Now the only time I get any lift is if I use tape on it.

After using a cloth... I see that the only thing im getting is to eliminate the rub n buff of the surface :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking in a "Micheals" craft store. That's where I found mine for about $7.00 CAD. According to their website these are the stores closest to your town. If it's too far try calling ahead to see if it's in stock, or see if you can mail order it from them.
1. 70A-5250 22nd St,Red Deer AB T4R 2T4
(403) 309-9301 33.89 miles
2. 130 Country Village Rd NE, Ste 315, Calgary AB T3K 6B8
(403) 567-1600 42.98 miles
3. 3160 27th St NE,Calgary AB T1Y 7L5
(403) 250-9833 48.48 miles
4. 5588 Signal Hill Centre SW, Calgary AB T3H 3P8
(403) 246-3336 51.84 miles
5. 8180 11th St SE, Bay 400, Calgary AB T2H 3B5
(403) 640-1633 54.80 miles
6. 130, 350R Shawville Blvd SE, Calgary AB T2Y 3S4
(403) 256-3528 60.84 miles

Sometimes the internet can be creepy good for finding info you wouldn't have otherwise...

Hope this helps.
Andy.

There's going to be residue for a day or two. I had it with mine. Once you get a piece done, set it down and let it completely dry. Mine did that too, but after a couple of days, it was fine. I haven't had any problems out of it.

Wes

1978seymour said:
I have been looking for Rub N Buff for a while... but have yet to find any :cry
Richard..You nut ball...Why did't ask Jordan or myself..."Micheals" Country Hills is where I got mine;)

With time it hardens even more and will then stop rubbing off entirely. Mine rubbed off in the beginning too but then eventually stopped. Just buff it really good with an old t-shirt and give it some time.
Cruzer

Cruzer said:
With time it hardens even more and will then stop rubbing off entirely. Mine rubbed off in the beginning too but then eventually stopped. Just buff it really good with an old t-shirt and give it some time.
Cruzer

Oh, then you dont use your own hand but you use a t-shirt.... I see...

thanks for the tricks guys!

@seeker
i agree! (y)

i used one tube for all of my armor. my helmet was the first (testing) one for rub n buff. after rubbing it, i was very happy and satisfied with the result! (y)

the best part is after trooping a few times and getting a little scuffed, scarred and scratched your costume develops a little personality and becomes "battle worn" per se.

Uri, I used my fingers to apply the R&B and buffed it out as much as I could with my fingers and then finished it of with a soft old t-shirt. Some people have talked about using thier palms, but I didn't try it because my fingers worked just fine for me.

I second what Seeker and Skalen said, the more your R&B finish gets beat up and scratched while trooping...the better. I also noticed that the more your armor pieces rub up against things, the more it buffs it out and hardens it in those areas.(y)

Man I got to get to work on that helmet project...all this Jango talk is making me wana work on something.
Cruzer

BH-7113 said:
Richard..You nut ball...Why did't ask Jordan or myself..."Micheals" Country Hills is where I got mine;)

Don't let "Yango" get under your skin. As I informed him today, it looks like Michaels, at least in Calgary, has stopped carrying Rub'N'Buff. There's not even a hook for them anymore where there used to be shelves of the stuff.

Not to fear though, I still have 90% of a tube (enough for several Jangos) sitting on top of my fridge. You can have for FREE!!!!!

do you really need to use rub'nbuff on your armor? it's just i have spray paint that says it's color is alumminum. its a cheapo one i found at a 98 cents store, i think is called Fixall: hi-temp. and at the bottom where it said the color alumminum. i already tried it on my jango blaster, and it looked pretty shiny.

qman

You don't really need to use it. It's a matter of preference. But one little tube is all you need. Try both R&B and your paint on a sample piece and decide for yourself which you like better. For me it's a no brainer. R&B all the way.

Yeah there really is no competition between spray paint and rub n buff. I've tried both and rub n buff was the clear winner.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back