ESB Helmet Color List - Readymade colors!!

Thanks!

My goal was to avoid using an airbrush and mixing paints as much as possible. However, the battle damage colors are all hand mixed flat enamels. Those can be any kind you want really, just various grays, silvers, marroons and the weird yellow/beige color.

Shinobi

Hey Shinobi/Kibosh,
I painted my bucket over the holidays. As I mentioned above, I used the Rust-oleum Sage Green 1933 (Spray in an areosol can) that I bought from Kibosh for the dome and cheeks. It looks great (IMO) it is a little on the light side maybe, but that can be darkened with black wash. Any way, I don't want to hijack your thread so I'll post pics in a new thread. I just wanted to let you know it is another alternative to the airbrush.
J-ROCK

No no! Hijack away! the goal is to get a comprehensive list. For ESB, I'm going to use the SAC Bomber green for the gauntlets/JP/armor plates. So far as I can tell from the ref, and movie captures, these armor parts are the same color as the dome/cheeks. ROTJ is different, and a brighter green (as in the US medium green from the RS list) there are many opinions on this, but thats what I'm using, so the rustoleum sage should be good too. I'd like to see the match between Rustoleum sage and SAC bomber green... post pics!

Shinobi

The dome color of the helmet and the body armor are different shades of green. The helmet is more of a washed out olive and the armor is more of a deep green. From my pics and research at least. I use to think it was incorrect to have them not match but after looking into it I believe they are different. If you put your Empire DVD into a computer with a good color correct monitor and watch the well lit scenes in cloud city I think you will agree.

I am no expert by any stretch but I have learned alot form all of you guys and your hard work posting what you have learned so I feel I should do the same.

Props to every one and there coutless time spent finding out these details and sharing!!! :cheers

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back