Jumpsuit colour?

Dexx

New Hunter
I have managed to get hold of an old jumpsuit but am not sure that it is a close enough colour match to warrant converting.
I'm going for ROTJ style, What do you all think?
Also any suggestions as to if there is anything I can do if it isn't the correct shade would be appreciated.

21_1_b.jpg

Looks too dark. ROTJ is alot more of a fadded tan/grey color. But if the you can bleach it out it may make a good starter suit. Another thing to consider is where do you plan to get the "extra" fabric to do the thigh and shin pouches?

You can buy a 'colour stripper' from Wilkinsons stores, this may take some of the colour out, it's only a few quid for the product so it's worth a shot. I suspect that it will remove some of the colour but not all.

Good luck
DAZ

Why not try soaking it in a little bleach? Try using small amounts first over several sessions and see how it go's. This is what i plan to do with mine (mine is dark blue at the mo but i am going for the ESB version).

I'm with Ronin I've had mine hanging out in the sun off and on since Halloween to fade it as well. Doing ESb also... but a bleach wash is a good option and go slow with it, don't rush the process. Patience.....

Crazy4bobafett - you are wise in the ways of costuming young padwan :lol:

seriously though, if Dexx does go for the bleaching method Crazy4bobafett is 100% correct and patience is paramount.

Thanks for all the replies.
I would love to get a BM jumpsuit (and all of BM’s parts) but at the minute I’m trying to save some cash.
I think I’ll try the 'colour stripper' from wilcos first, I’ve got nothing to loose really.
For the extra pockets I’m trying to get hold of another suite of the same type so I can use that.
Does any one have any patterns for the tools pockets and pouches?
I have tried using the search but can't find any.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back