Boba Fett Helmet Blueprints/Templates

Hello,

The first post has now been updated to include the flat pattern for the dome. It is a PDF file the is intended to print out on standard 8.5" X 11" paper with a .25" boarder. The pattern is divided into 3 pages and the flat pattern is made of 20 gores (panels).

Have fun!!!

Alan

WOF thanks a ton for these templates. I've been working with my friend on a scaled down version for his son and so far it is coming out great. Thanks.

wizardofflight, when you say you may have to cut this piece into two pieces to get it glued down, do you mean the blue piece?

Aaron

That would be the one. I cut it in 2 parts (see the line on the blue part that starts from the 90 degree corner. It just made it easier to work with.

WOF thanks a ton for these templates. I've been working with my friend on a scaled down version for his son and so far it is coming out great. Thanks.

Excellent!! Glad that they are working out! I really enjoy seeing my drawings being brought to life. The amount of skill and talent on this board never ceases to amaze me. I'd love to see some pic of you progress. My son is just turning 4 in a week or so, but I am already getting the piece together for his Fett suit. At the rate I'm going it might be ready when he's 9 or so.

Alan

Excellent work and very impressive
I'm using the flatpattern templates and I was wondering, what should I use to smooth out the dome and fill in the gaps?
I thought to use some drywall mud/filler but thought it might break apart too easily and become a powder.
Any Ideas?:facepalm
Thanks

To be specific on what PSberetta said... there are a couple of types of bondo you can get. Get the body filler not the glaze putty. The glaze is a one part compound but not nearly as strong as the filler. The filler dryes like cement and becomes fully sandable. Epoxy putty would work well to and is sandable.

I know that this thread is older, but I just wanted to thank the Wizard for his great work providing these templates. They have made life a heck of alot easier....

Is there a jango copy? Ive been told the main changes are in the visor ( more squinty) the range finder mount, the cheeks are diferent, and the key holes at the rear

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still collecting reference material and will be doing a Jango helmet, but I have been taking a little break from Fett templates to do a number of projects that I have been ignorign for too long. Not to worry it is on the list.

Alan

just wanted to say a big thanks. i've been looking all over for some sort of blueprint for making a helmet for a long time now. i printed off the templates, cut them out and taped them together. it's looking good so far. now i've just got to decide what material i want to build the actual helmet with. anyone with any suggestions???

just wanted to say a big thanks. i've been looking all over for some sort of blueprint for making a helmet for a long time now. i printed off the templates, cut them out and taped them together. it's looking good so far. now i've just got to decide what material i want to build the actual helmet with. anyone with any suggestions???

Materials depend on your personal preferences, budget and experience. Chipboard, fiberglass and Sintra are the ones I've seen a lot of on this board. Wizard of Flight also has armor templates available here.

I believe Honus has posted a thread on using chipboard or cardboard. Also SD68, has used a baseball batting helmet for the dome and "For Sale" signs from Home Depot for the rest of the helmet. Kripps and Kibosh also have threads on that.

Sintra would be a good, inexpensive material to use. That is what the For Sale signs are made of. I have gotten some scrap Sintra from a sign company locally. All I did was ask if they had any leftovers from a project. I've got more than enough to make a helmet and will use the rest for my gauntlets or armor. You may also want to search for "trash can armor" and make some body armor form that or sintra. AFettfullofdollars made some great trash can armor and has a thread on it.

This site has got a TON of information and some very talented and experienced people on it. (y) It's a great resource for enthusiastic newbies like me.

You may want to use chipboard, the backing material for legal pads and notepads, to experiment with first to get a feel for the assembly process of the helmet and for fitting the armor.
Welcome to the club! :cheers Be patient, good luck and keep us posted. (y)

well, i've not put one together, mostly anyways. all except the dome. I've got a good feel for assembly being a sheet metal worker and all. And i think i've got a lead on some good and cheap pvc sheets. We're taking a lot of plastic forming, fusing, and welding right now in trade school. my goal out of that is to make a helmet that i can use in paintball. I'll be posting pics as it comes along, but it may be a little while yet before i can actually get around to it, or afford the materials for that matter. but thanks again everyone for all the encouragement and tips. much appreciated.

randoms 021.jpg

randoms 024.jpg

randoms 022.jpg

I am still collecting reference material and will be doing a Jango helmet, but I have been taking a little break from Fett templates to do a number of projects that I have been ignorign for too long. Not to worry it is on the list.

Alan

I have assembled the plans for the helmet. I found either the printer missed out on a page, or I must have done something wrong. LOL theres a hole in the back of the dome quarter, HE HE Only three pages, when I need to have 4. Ill just repeat one of the pages.

Heres some pics.

dsc01319cs7.jpg

dsc01320il6.jpg

dsc01321kb0.jpg

dsc01322rc8.jpg

Im going to make the ridges and raised areas, using standard cardboard boxes, Then Ill glass over it all. Ill probably buy the ears, or make them out of balsa.

Great plans M8!!! I also thank you.

But I do ask, could you, when you make your jango plans, offer them in a "movie sized, or big guy size" version if you want to call it that. Basically something that will look correct on 6' + tall PPL?

Thanks M8!!!

BTW this took about 3 hours, as I had to transcribe the print outs onto poster board. Super glue does not stick to poster board I found.
And the most difficult areas were the cheeks. But overall great plans!!

Oh and jim beef, I am a structural mechanic for the US Navy, and I have started a 6061 T-6 aluminum jet pack, and looking at TIG welding it all together, this on the other hand has turned out to be far more of a project then I anticipated. making it out of sheet metal is a project and a half. Composites are far easier to work with, and easier to join, repair, ect. I think I may scrap my tig welded project altogether, as the time necessary to do all that is far longer than I expected. I think Ill just proceed with the strongest and lightest material possible, rather than go with the all Metal Jango. The armor sure, but the helmet and jet pack is just way too much work, at least for me at the moment.

If you go ahead with it, Id love to see a step by step on what you did though!

DM

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i found a pretty slick way to do the dome for anyone having some troubles with it. plus as and added bonus, it seats on your head well and you can secure it. i found a good deal on a cheapie skateboard helmet, which, when i lined it up with the pattern cut outs, was almost a perfect line up with the dome contours. i've attatched my paper one to the helmet now, and i've got a little bit of tweeking to do, but it's lining up pretty sweet so far. i'm just hoping to get all the little bugs and tweeks figured out before i start putting some money into some plastics or fibre glass (haven't decided yet). here's a couple pics of how it lines up with the skateboard helmet.

randoms 031.jpg

randoms 032.jpg

i got it a Canadian Tire. which probably doesn't do you any good if you live outside of Canada, or no where near the border. i bought it thinking i could quarter it, and still use the foam padding from it, but it all lined up good, so i'm just going to build around it

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back