Boba Fett Helmet Blueprints/Templates

Noob here. Been lurking for awhile but decided to finally register. Alan's templates are really cool, and I have started working on my own scratch-build.

One thing I noticed is that I discovered I had to enlarge the dome template to 103% in order to get it to match the main helmet part of the template which I had printed out full size.

Anyway, I had been looking around for cardboard or sintra or styrene or something similar. It seems hard to find a piece big enough for the inner and outer shells of the template. So I was in Lowe's the other day, and spied some white 5 gallon paint buckets, and thought it would work as material to make the helmet out of. I was able to cut the dome base out of the bottom of the bucket, after I had cut out the inner shell. I have 2 more buckets to work with, and will cut out the outer shell from it.

Running into minor snags here and there. One is that I guess since the material is thicker, the inner shell did not quite wrap around the dome base, so there is a small gap in the front of the helmet. I figure this is okay since this part will be cut away for the visor anyway. I will be sure to leave enough material to wrap all the way around in the back when I cut the outer shell.

Another issue is finding the right glue that will bind to this stuff. PVC cement doesn't work. I found that if I rough up the plastic, super-glue holds up pretty well, as does hot glue. Anybody have any suggestions for the best adhesive for this kind of material?

well, I've done this so far
3036547400_321d6c43ac_o.jpg

with some hot glue (more like LOTS of hot glue :D) and single layer mat board, and it's not too bad on the wallet. I bought three sheets just in case I make a booboo ( i did :(), and also so I can scratchbuild the knees, gauntlets, and part of the rocket pack with it.

(yeah, goin for a Kast!)

hello gentlemen. I am new on here and just wondering what some good yet cheap materials I can use to build my own helmet. I am a poor lowly college student.

In lieu of the 2mm cardboard that AntMan is using in his build thread, I'm using the matting board that they put behind framed pictures. It's about 1mm thick or so, readily available at craft or framing shops, pretty easy to work with, and very rugged for its thickness. A 4-foot square (or so, I forgot the exact dimensions) sheet was $5. Seems to be working well for me so far!

hello gentlemen. I am new on here and just wondering what some good yet cheap materials I can use to build my own helmet. I am a poor lowly college student.

I used For Rent signs from the Home Dissapontment. for the dome I used an infants pokemon skate helmet It turrned out ok If i could ever figure out how to post a picture right I would share it with the world.

the signs are like 18 x 24 and only about $9.00

Uptown.

Hey thanks a TON for these templates! I was having trouble building my helmet before these came up. Keep making these!

Does anyone know if there's a jet pack template on this site?

Making progress as I get an hour here and there to work on it:

helmet2.jpg

Something is just a bit off with the cheekbone areas (very likely due to my hasty assembly) so I still have to fab some front plates that fit in correctly, but overall I'm pretty happy for my first shot in the dark. It obviously won't be 100% dimensionally accurate when complete, but I think it'll be perfectly fine for casual costuming. :)

Next step will be to 'glass the inside of the dome to stiffen it up and fill the gaps so I can continue working without fear of smushing anything. I've got some nice lightweight glass cloth that'll add initial strength without also adding a ton of bulk right away.

I just printed out the templates and will begin working on my build as soon as I can gather supplies. All of you are amazing and have my utmost respect(y). Hey WOF, any chance we will ever get templates for making a working firespray? :confused I'd love to fly around in my working copy of "Slave-1"!

Wizardoflight aka Alan....I know everyone has said it a lot but amazing job and thanks for putting them up. Great asset to the community keep up the good work

WOW!

Before I found this thread, I was sure that building a helmet was going to be the most difficult part of putting together a Mando. But now--

I =still= think it's going to be the most difficult part of putting together a Mando, but now it actually seems do-able. The templates and the tips and tricks in here are incredible. So thanks (way) in advance. I'm going to go ahead and bookmark this thread because I KNOW I'll be coming back to it.

Yes! These templates are an absolute dream, I couldn't believe my eyes when I found this thread :D
They look very accurate to the real thing, but just out of interest, just how accurate is it to the screen-used one? Overall size and relative dimensions, has anyone compared it to a profile shot of the actual helm? I'd be interested to know, because the helmets made from these temps look so **** pro!

WOF. I have started on the dome from 1mm Boarding card. Once its tacked and shaped, what do you suggest to use as a filler before sanding down?

These DIY helmet templates are great! Looking through all the posts of peoples builds on here I have decided to dive in and make my own too. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back