Trying to get a lock on these colors -- thoughts please

Kivas

Active Hunter
Hi All, I am trying to get a lock on the colors used in this photo.. Unfortunately Dark Horse only stated was a darker red etc...

After looking at it closer.. and comparing it to Boba.. I wonder if the Box Car red would be appropriate for the mandibles?

The armor itself to me looks like some form of gun metal coloration.

thoughts please.

JangoFettGalidraanReal.jpg

It looks a little too orange to be the boxcar red. Maybe mix that with something else. Also the armor is a little too blue for gun metal. Maybe a a light steel blue color over a silver base then black washed to darken.

Nope it's Jango before the blue/silver - which is also apparently supposed to be same as Jaster - according to Dark Horse.

ive goten that color b4 by mixing paints just for fun. as a matter of fact i still got the mixture behind me on my prop table. its a mixture of insignia yellow & i think insignia red. all i know for cirtain is the mix was a yellow & a red. both are model master acrilics.

I will keep that mixture in mind, I will be doing a lot of testing before applying to my helm.

Once I have my new stalk, I will be able to set that up and get moving with primers, then black, then silver as I've seen done in other posts :)

Kivas, that's a tight color scheme for doing a variation on Jango!!!!! Now I wish I had the idea first cuz I would totally go for that since I like the idea of a custom Mando. Let me know if you decide not to do it.;)

Cruzer

I certainly don't hold the pattent on it :)
I've know since I saw the color in Open seasons that was definitley what I wanted to do. I am just waiting for my rf stalk then I can start with the painting process.

that color kinda reminds me of my car color....
AltezzaMike3.gif

its an orange/red color...i saw a color pretty close to the color your looking for...its by Krylon...i'll find the color for ya...but, its very close to the one in the picture...;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back