DID I GET SCREWED?!

This guy's story has changed a bit over the years. It used to be that he had only a limited number of helmets from a fan film that never happened. Then he bought a bunch of how-to mold/fiberglass kits (someone went into his feedback and saw the ebay purchases lol) and started selling a couple each month. The quality hasn't improved at all apparently.

I have to admit that I bought a helmet from him a while back before I knew better and it arrived crushed. He sent me a new one and I kept the old one. If you can get your money back and return it i'd go that route- he is reasonable and that helmet doesn't look like the one in the auction at all! No sanding... paleeeeze.

If you are stuck with it I think you can beat it into shape with a dremmel, bondo, and some tlc.

Good luck!

pay pal will not help you with items "not as described" ebay will be more help if you had some type of protection or insurance. Otherwise if you want a refund he most likely will want the item returned - and this is the risky part - he can no longer be trusted, and may say the box came empty.... eat the loss and chalk it up to expierence - (and buy some clay to scratch build....)

looks like it was made from custard......seriosly....not that bad apart from the warped mandibles...........it will take a lot of work to sort them out...buy lots of bondo & sand paper................good luck........ :moon

The box is fine. I really doubt the problem was with the shipping. It's hard to see in the photos, but it looks to me like the seller dropped it, and tried to repair the dmage with some sort of gunk, and did the SLOPPIEST job at doing it. The helmet isn't really so bad aside from that big error on the left mandible and the all-around roughness of it. I am just pissed off becuase it was clearly NOT in the same condition that it was said to be in, and it did NOT come with everything it said it would.

I just sent the seller of the defective helmet an email. here is is

"I recieved your helmet today, and I couldn't help but notice that it is in pretty poor condition. It said that no sanding or anything was requierd, but there is in fact a LOT of sanding that is required. Above the left cheek (mandible), there is some severe damage. Also, all of the parts that were supposed to come with the helmet were not there;
-the hollow rangefinder
-the resin ear pieces
-the refrence CD
-the color list
-and the stalk we agreed about via email
Please e-mail me back ASAP. Thanks.

Jim "

id send some pics as well, but I hope you hear back from the guy. If not ill add him to my list of bad sellers. I have a link on my web site at the bottom such and such list (can't have the real wording here). But I hate people like this guy that are just out there to burn others.

"This helmet requires no sanding or removal of unsightly seams. Who knows what you'll get from someone else"

Just plain Dishonest!!!! 0 tolerance

Be descriptive if you leave negative feedback. To save others from your mishap.

Again another one of our members duped by this guy. FYI he is a member here at the TDH. Funny how he never speaks up to defend his unreal workmanship. To take a quote from his auction, " Who knows what you'll get from someone else!"
Man if this is the good stuff I hate to see what the crap is!

MARROW SUN said:
Again another one of our members duped by this guy. FYI he is a member here at the TDH. Funny how he never speaks up to defend his unreal workmanship. To take a quote from his auction, " Who knows what you'll get from someone else!"
Man if this is the good stuff I hate to see what the crap is!

wait hes a member here? :angry :angry :angry COME ON OUT YOU COWARD!!! :angry :angry :angry FESS UP AND TAKE YOUR WELL EARNED BEETING!!!!! :angry :angry :angry

Cookie, can you tell me more about your "deal" with the RF stalk? Is it the same one he has pictured in his auctions? If it is, it is a recast from the aluminum ones I have offered to the board. I contacted that seller & asked that he not make copies of these & sell them anymore which he agreed to. I have noticed that he has not changed his auction pictures & that the RF stalk is clearly visible. Is he offering these outside of ebay? PM me if you don't want to go into it here.

To bigkidbiggertoys. Let me apologize in advance because I had no idea this douche was copying your stalks. What happened was after I purchased this guy's helmet, I was thinking that I'd need a stalk. I saw that he had one in the picture, and I asked if he would be willing to sell one to me for an additional cost. He told me he'd throw it in the pack free of charge. That's all. But not only did he NOT throw in the stalk, he didn't even send me the items that he said he would. ( sorry to sound repetitive I am just pissed).

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back