DID I GET SCREWED?!

If this guy (amiadfilter) is reading this, I'm not going to give you bad feeback. Just make things right. I'll send the helmet back, you just send me the $185.00 back. In fact, I'll even pay for the shipping, just give me $165.00. I'll give you good feedback for making things right if you follow through. As for helmets, Marrow Sun, I believe I sent you a PM. I'm going with that. Oh, and anyone know what kind of airbrush I should get? I have a Rubie's Jango helmet that I want to test paint on. So im going airbrush shopping this weekend. Any suggestions?

cookiemongoloid said:
I payed $165.00 for this monstrosity. So do you think that there is any hope for this helmet?
OUCH! RETURN THAT! For close to the same price you can buy a VERY nice bucket from one of the members here ready to go with ALL the parts minus the t-visor.

It's probably not my place to say, but many of our own members here have fallen prey to this guys auctions and have complained about the poor craftmanship,... yet still leave positive feedback. Perhaps you might be able to stop someone in the future from being ripped off by leaving the apropriate feedback. Unfortunatly I can understand there is the fear of retaliation from the seller which is an issue Ebay really needs to deal with.

You are absolutely right MS. Because honestly, that is one of the reasons I bought from him. He had all positive feedback. If someone had the sack to give him negative feedback, I wouldn't be in this postition I am currently in. But I do understand why they gave him positive feedback, as you said, retaliation. You can't give someone negative feedback without getting negative feedback from them. Oh well. If he makes this transaction smooth and is very nice about returning my money, I'll consider neutral or positive.

Crikey and I was considering this helmet too. Sorry you had to deal with this but at least there are those who will learn a lesson, for that - thanks. I hope it all gets resolved well. Too bad these things sell every other week. Ebay is a tough place to trust in what you're getting with props of all sorts.

Yeah dude. Do NOT buy this helmet, get one from Marrow Sun, that's what I am doing. I really wish I could warn everybody not to buy this guys helmet without giving him negative feedback. Oh well. This website should just have a banner saying "Do NOT buy helmets from ebay, unles they are from Marrow Sun." And show a picture of me and my helmet looking pissed off.
lightsaberhelmet1copy.jpg

Attachments

• lightsaberhelmet1copy.jpg
    lightsaberhelmet1copy.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 146
Why don't we have a "sticky" Sellers to avoid for present and future members?
Perhaps this is something the Mods could discuss.

MARROW SUN said:
Why don't we have a "sticky" Sellers to avoid for present and future members?
Perhaps this is something the Mods could discuss.

I agree totally with this, its thanks to Jordy that I avoided getting one of those helmets, he the man

How can someone live with themselves, KNOWING they're selling highly missrepresented, seriously sub-standard items, for soo much money? :angry If it looks that bad on the outside, I hate to see what the lamination looks like.

I'm not sure the mods could put up a "black list" sticky, without reprecussions of some sort, but it may be helpfull in avoiding these types of dissapointments.

cookiemongoloid said:
You are absolutely right MS. Because honestly, that is one of the reasons I bought from him. He had all positive feedback. If someone had the sack to give him negative feedback, I wouldn't be in this postition I am currently in. But I do understand why they gave him positive feedback, as you said, retaliation. You can't give someone negative feedback without getting negative feedback from them. Oh well. If he makes this transaction smooth and is very nice about returning my money, I'll consider neutral or positive.
Sorry to butt in here, but I really think you should give him NEGATIVE feedback if he doesn't try to sort this out and gives you a refund. To heck with the fact that he may give you negative feedback in return - you can always reply to the negative feedback he left to explain your side of the story for other eBay users to see and you can dispute to eBay that you think the feedback left was inappropriate and may be able to have it removed.

Why be so afraid of a leaving neg feedback... that will only ensure that others fall into the same situation as you.

Just my 42 cents - from a guy who got screwed and left neg feedback and had neg feedback left basically blaming ME of the whole situation. (Before I knew the deadline for PayPal refund claims)

GIVE HIM THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, SO OTHERS WILL KNOW WHAT HE IS: A SCAMMER!

(Sorry for yelling.)

It turns out, this whole time, the guy was emailing me responding to my messages VIA email. I was expecing mail from ebay, (becaise I didnt resognize his email address.) Anyway, he was really nice about me wanting to return the helmet. He apologized that I wasn't happy with my helmet. He also told me that he hopes that I find a good helmet in the future. Now that is good customer service. I think I'm going to give him a postive, but my mesage will say that I returned the helmet because it was in **** condition. At the least I will give him a neutral. I am not a believer in revenge, especially when the other party tries to make things right. Sorry that I am probably dissapointing most of you, if there are any objections, please let me know. And for Marrow Sun, I will be purchasing one of your helmets when I get my money back. And I told him not to reproduce your helmets. Thanks.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back