My BM lid build up progress

Merry Xmas and Happy New year to all!

With a new year comes a new update!

Firstly, here is my work on the ear and range finder.

I have drilled recesses in the two piece ear cap to allow for three bolts and their heads and have drilled three holes in the side of the bucket.

I then took three bolts and placed them in the holes and cut them to length thanks to my brand new dremel. You should have seen the sparks fly!:wacko You can see this in the first two pics.

I then made some shallow recesses in the last piece of the earcap just enought so I could fit three tiny neodymium magnets into the holes so that when the ear cap is in place the magnets stick to the heads of the bolts. As you can see in the next photos.

Over xmas I have also fitted the visor and sprayed the bcak of the helmet and left ear. I just need to spray the right ear and then I can begin the weathering........keep watching.......

07-01-06_1321.jpg

07-01-06_1322.jpg

07-01-06_1323.jpg

07-01-06_1324.jpg

wow!! you are very resourcefull!!

I really like that ear-cap attachment!!

well done!!

keep goin, you're gonna have an awesome fett!!

How did you fit the visor? Im trying Bobamakers method with my M_S helmet, fixing bolts inside the helmet and using a home made aluminum bracket to hold the visor in place, have you got any pics of the inside? Your painting skills speak for themself, this helmet is coming along very nicely

HeadlessHunter said:
How did you fit the visor? Im trying Bobamakers method with my M_S helmet, fixing bolts inside the helmet and using a home made aluminum bracket to hold the visor in place, have you got any pics of the inside? Your painting skills speak for themself, this helmet is coming along very nicely

Thanks for the compliments!

I heated the visor in the oven until it lost its rigidity and place it inside the helmet and held it in place until it cooled down and hardened, this eradicates the number of gaps between the visor and the helmet.

I used some epoxy putty that comes in a tube and you have to knead until it is ready to be used. I then placed this at certain points around the visor to hold it in place. The stuff solidifies and is like metal and cn then be sanded drilled etc. This stuff is pretty strong and holds it in place just fine. It does mean the visor is permanently attached though.

I will get some pics of the inside uploaded shortly.

Cheers

Dan

Once again it's been awhile since i last posted an update on the helmet, so here goes.....

I've got a lot done recently and I'm pleased to say its almost finished.

I have added the grey and purple scratches/blotches to the mandible using Citadel purple ink and codec grey.

I have also painted the right ear, firstly with a base coat of tamiya flat earth mixed with j.a green, then topped with a light coat of tamiya gold leaf.

I have also put the darker grey marks on the dome and cheeks using tamiya field blue and citadel codec grey.

I have also painted the kill stripes using TK-409's template and a mix of tamiya flat yellow and orange, with an extra misting of orange afterwards.

I have also added some scratches using a screwdriver and painted some small black marks randomly over the helmet.

All I need to do now is mist the whole bucket, find some ear decals and apply a clear coat, then I can move on to the interior.

I have decided to scratch build my own RF using Wizard of Light's template and my first attempt using card has turned out really well.

If anyone is interested in a BM hollow RF let me know.

On to the pics!...............

29-01-06_1653.jpg

29-01-06_1654.jpg

29-01-06_1655.jpg

29-01-06_1656.jpg

29-01-06_1657.jpg

29-01-06_1658.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back