Mounts for the scopes

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Hy ppl

I have almost finished my ESB blaster and have gotten to the stage where i need to attach the scope to the body (my scope is a Tasco 4x20). Does anyone have templates for the attachment blocks (ie the blocks which attach to the barrel and have the square blocks on top for attaching the scope).

Either templates or dimensions would be greatly appreciated)

thanks

Ronin

What I did was cut 2 square pieces from a piece of PVC pipe. Then I glued the 2 pieces, one on top of the other with PVC glue. Then I kind of sanded them so all sides were flush. Sand down the top to make it flat, but keep the bottom curved so you can glue it to your barrel. Finally take a dremel with cut off wheel and cut 2 grooves for your scope rings to mount. I can post a pic if you need.

mrgr8ness said:
What I did was cut 2 square pieces from a piece of PVC pipe. Then I glued the 2 pieces, one on top of the other with PVC glue. Then I kind of sanded them so all sides were flush. Sand down the top to make it flat, but keep the bottom curved so you can glue it to your barrel. Finally take a dremel with cut off wheel and cut 2 grooves for your scope rings to mount. I can post a pic if you need.

Can you pm the pics? it would be a great help

thanks

Ronin

Ok here are some pics-

Image174.gif

2 small squares of PVC pipe. I had to use 3 squares for the front and 2 for the back, becuase the way my blaster is designed. Stacked and glued one on top of the other. I used PVC glue, it holds supertight. Dimensions really depend on the dimensions on the scope mounts. Once they are glued together, I sanded down the sides to make them flush(can't see the joint anymore) and sanded the top to make it flat. I left the bottom contoured so it sits real nice on the top of the blaster. Then I cut a groove down both sides for the scope mounts to slide on and tighten down. I cut the groove kind of "V" shaped.
Final product-

Image175.gif

mrgr8ness said:
Ok here are some pics-

Image174.gif

2 small squares of PVC pipe. I had to use 3 squares for the front and 2 for the back, becuase the way my blaster is designed. Stacked and glued one on top of the other. I used PVC glue, it holds supertight. Dimensions really depend on the dimensions on the scope mounts. Once they are glued together, I sanded down the sides to make them flush(can't see the joint anymore) and sanded the top to make it flat. I left the bottom contoured so it sits real nice on the top of the blaster. Then I cut a groove down both sides for the scope mounts to slide on and tighten down. I cut the groove kind of "V" shaped.
Final product-

Image175.gif

Great stuff mrgr8! I have the final pieces I needed for my ESB EE-3 on the way, and I had started to figure out how to mount my scope. This is perfect!

Thanks!!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back