Zam's true face sculpt

goldenrod

Active Hunter
Zam Changelum face Updated 12/8/05

I started this sculpt quite awhile back. It was a very quick sculpt i did one evening using only the little doll mask as reference.Well long story short i got very side tracked,having a new baby, many other projects, life and moving twice.
Anyways... i will finally get to finish my Zam sculpt and may have a few extras masks lying around ;) It will be made of latex and have an elastic strap to secure it to the wearers face.I want it to look great but be an easy on and off deal for the wearer.
What i need from all of you Zammers out there is a critique, don't worry i will not get offended. As you, I too want it to look right. So if you have any suggestions and pics you'd like to throw my way so i can get this baby done it will be greatly appreciated :cheers
zamface5ve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks like an awesome start. I am sure there is interest. I know my wife wants a changeling mask. If I can find some time to critique it I will.
Keep us posted on the progress no matter how subtle :)

The mask would look really good with plastic eyes. Something that you can see out but people can't see your eyes. Then under the brow cut very small slits so the eyes don't fog up. You could make the eyes out of some sort of colored acrylic and vacuum form them.

GoldenRod!....That is way too cool. You must have put your DVD player in stop motion to get the perfect mold or something.

However you got your reference, you did an outstanding job!

That's looking very good. The only thing I can really see here is that there is no "pout". It should dip in slightly from under the bottom lip and pop back out again at the chin if that makes any sense. Brilliant job though.

lilburndiablo said:
GoldenRod!....That is way too cool. You must have put your DVD player in stop motion to get the perfect mold or something.

However you got your reference, you did an outstanding job!
thanx for the kudos! :)

invetro said:
That's looking very good. The only thing I can really see here is that there is no "pout". It should dip in slightly from under the bottom lip and pop back out again at the chin if that makes any sense. Brilliant job though.
I do see what you mean and i will address it,thanx!
New improved pics to come!
-goldenrod

zamface5ve.jpg

pix50.jpg

Nose, flatter, forward facing, holes not so big, Lip, not so many wrinkles, Eyes not so big, slimmer lined horizontally, Dunno, you take another looksee, this is what I posted last time.

Was your previous screen name yautja?

Zam Changelum update 12/8/05!

Yelp i see everything your pointin out:) How bout the color??is she somewhat the color of the clay i'm using (greengray) but with some highlights and shadows too of course:)
I'm working on it right now and should have much accurate looking Zam in next day or 2 ! I really like the way its coming along now with the critiques.
And yes,i did go by yautja (predator) but I'm more of a SW fan and 3po is my favorite so i thought goldenrod suited me :)

Zam I Am said:
zamface5ve.jpg

pix50.jpg
zam18eu.jpg

Nose, flatter, forward facing, holes not so big, Lip, not so many wrinkles, Eyes not so big, slimmer lined horizontally, Dunno, you take another looksee, this is what I posted last time.

Was your previous screen name yautja?

Zam's true face proving to be a tricky sculpt. Are we getting closer? I'm still playing with face structure. I do it and then look at it and then think thats waaaay off. CG characters are not easy to capture.
-Goldenrod

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back