Gauntlets

Ram ser

New Hunter
I have extra Stormtrooper gauntlets and was thinking of using those, but I wanted to know if I should paint them to match my colors before I put trinkets on them or not and leave them recognizable so people can say wait you shouldn't have that and tell them, "Well, I have it 'cause I killed a stormtrooper"

Maybe paint them, but mask off large areas where the paint "chipped" off, revealing white instead of the typical silver.

Add a device or 2 also. It really doesn't matter what type of gaunt you wanna use. It's your custom and as long as you can explain it (within reason) I don't see why you can't use it =D

Go for it, only thing that might come up is people asking you timeline where your character fits. There were not really many mandos for a while, during the peak imperial years. That doesn't mean you can't be from after that time but have had the gauntlets for years. I say it's costuming and custom and should be fun.

-x

Yeah, if I where going to use Stormie gauntlets, I think I'd proboly add something to them so they wouldnt look as plain, but its up to you. I guess it would matter what kind of mando you are though, if your some sort of scout, light mando, mabey you should just go with plain ones. But if your a heavy-er Mando, I'd deffintly add some sort of fire power to them.

As Uther mentioned above, if you did paint them your colors, and your a Mando armor is weathered, some white weathering/scrapping would be excellent.

Reid, go for it, just paint them to match your stuff, or if you are making a new set, whatever.
THey will look fine.

Agreed!

Just be careful when you do the weathering. If you weather them like most of the DSGers were weathering their armor (throwing stuff into a wall), they crack. I think the stormtrooper pieces would look fine, but I would suggest you add stuff to them (like darts or lights like Joanne has.)

That would be cool to use ST gauntlets. Yeah, I think you should add stuff. Maybe not paint all the greebs, show a little color. But hey, up to you. If they look like your suit, they will look awesome.
If you want some darts (no charge) let me know. I have a set. If you want em, pm me your addy.

Just some things on the TK forearm pieces might not look good.

If you do add stuff, dont just glue it on, you may have to use some bondo, Fiberglass jelly and maybe some cocking (dont use them all, pick one or two hehe).

Go for it, only thing that might come up is people asking you timeline where your character fits. There were not really many mandos for a while, during the peak imperial years. That doesn't mean you can't be from after that time but have had the gauntlets for years. I say it's costuming and custom and should be fun.

-x
During the legacy comics the mandos started coming back and the ST gauntlets never changed so that could be my timeline

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back