01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

01Hawk

Active Hunter
Off to a slower start till I reach my 50 post count and can message people to buy stuff but here is where I am at : DVH helmet , squeegee and a Kaiser upper brace for the blaster. Constantly looking for the grip at this point or another complete assembly- tons of the other models out the but not the 6004. Will most likely use as MOW stuff as I can and also will be ordering all the currently available dental things and other items. If anyone has the minor trim pieces let me know. Also in process of wrapping up my Biker Scout to get certified.
2C25E182-A080-4C57-9224-6D5DA2ED347A.jpg

You can message members about purchasing parts for your build, you just can't post in the cargo hold yet. Many people that have bought gloves from me in the past year didn't have cargo hold access yet. i am looking forward to watching your build, the super trooper is pretty cool.

Lol. Yea I check it a lot as well. I would like to post more questions but don't want to get responses of " research it more" since there are sooo many resources on here already. Other than complimenting others builds I'm not exactly how to get 50 posts relatively quickly. However I'm still making my list of what I want from where so progress is being made.

Lol. Yea I check it a lot as well. I would like to post more questions but don't want to get responses of " research it more" since there are sooo many resources on here already. Other than complimenting others builds I'm not exactly how to get 50 posts relatively quickly. However I'm still making my list of what I want from where so progress is being made.

You can comment or ask questions on other's threads and you can post about what you have done so far and the challenges you faced / overcome. Posting progress pics of painting your bucket should easily get you there. Good luck!

Ordered MOW Jetpack and boots today.. And a telescope that looks like it will work for the gun as well as a chemical stirrer ( think I will need 2). Emails out for armor/Flight suits and other stuff. may spend next weekend ( after Monstermania) at a bunch of local antique places looking for some more of the found parts/kaiser grip etc. Also went to Dicks to buy an airsoft gun but they don't have them so may just eBay one.

More parts on order and trying to figure out what to do about the upper receiver on the sling gun ( where the telescope goes in). Is the concensus that that part was fabricated vs an off the shelf kind of part? Will be searching pictures for now to try and find something

More parts on order and trying to figure out what to do about the upper receiver on the sling gun ( where the telescope goes in). Is the concensus that that part was fabricated vs an off the shelf kind of part? Will be searching pictures for now to try and find something

The top housing was scratch built by George Block:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Documentation-Weapons.jpg

You'll find lots of interesting thing in the Gallery here ==> Boba Fett Supertrooper

Thanks! I had been reading over all the info in there , saving the pics to my desktop and glanced over that. Guess I will start printing out the templates to build my own.

Ordered my MOW flight suit and vest yesterday and have it in hand today. Looks and feels great. Have to see about making my biker scout flight suit out of the same material and 2 pieces. All the major pieces are lined up and on order/pending order except for armor.

Good day for parts today... Got the Uzi, stirrer, an MQ2 ( just to compare against an MQ1 which will be here next week), a Tasco 1Y telescope and a made in Japan Korvette telescope -that kinda looked like one in another thread about which telescopes to use so I bought it. Next step will be to build the upper for the sling gun until I can find a grip ( may make one of those as well).
14856046-F214-47E5-9DF6-825F29F40C6F.jpg

Was going to wait till the MQ1 got here but I was curious. Here is the MQ2 broken open and a comparison shot of what it looks like next to an MQ1 ( photo taken from elsewhere on the board). Similar but not exact- not sure how much shows or needs to show when assembled because I don't have my helmet slots cut out yet. I didn't realize the buttons were all loose.. The keypad won't work because the letters aren't stamped - I was going to try and stamp them in with punches and add a new hole for the missing button.

421DFD4D-6999-4A76-9CC8-7FE836FCBEFD.jpg
CE76704D-4105-48B4-9D56-8946DA97530E.jpg

Hope to have pics of the telescopes up for reference today. Went with BobaMaker armor and knees. Just need to check on where I can/want toget a Jetpack harness, which gauntlets I want, graflex tube for the front of the Uzi, the lower grip for the sling gun , toes spikes and of course the towel. May try and make white gloves since I have plenty of time before all the other parts get here.

The towel is almost impossible to find there was someone who found one on ebay and was going to get it replicated but i think it fizzled out since i thought about doing a supertrooper

the MQ-2 has too many rows of buttons..so if you cut off the row that is short one, you will have a similar keypad to the MQ-1. Its a shame the text isnt raised like the MQ-1 because it would be a less expensive and slightly easier to find alternative. Although, at that point, a cast of an MQ-1 keypad would be just as good lol.

The circuit board is very close and you'd likely be able to get away with that. Its so covered up the only part you REALLY notice is the big rectangle resistor (or whatever that is, im not good with electronic stuff lol)

I am determined to find a towel haha. I am going to buy one of the common ones for color matching and see if I can scale one of the known photos up ( unless someone can post one with measurements of the graphics). Someone suggested on of the shirt places that print stuff from Internet pictures. Enough of the other styles come up on eBay .. I emailed some sellers and one said she just sold the correct one :(

For some reason I thought the keypad was metal on the MQ1 which it isn't . And the keys look like they are an actual different size as well. I have both here now so I guess it was kind of a waste of money since I was going to try and find a way to stamp the key pad out of metal. May still do that though and see how it goes. I will rip them apart and post side by sides of the important parts after work

Got 2 telescopes in for my sling gun. RafalFett has an excellent post comparing various ones. The one I got looks like one BGHunter had found that was referenced in RafalFetts post. Mine is a Korvette 10-25x30. I also got a Tasco 1Y. Will have to review to see which would be the correct one. It would seem the Korvette one would work as it already has the chromed ring area. The reference pictures show a shiny ring which I could achieve by extending the telescope or painting it on the Tasco.
A8A71F78-3543-4F4F-9566-EFD8E7E05CE7.jpg

The only issue with the Korvette telescope is that the ring is too wide, but that's an easy fix if you decide to sand down 3mm (half of the ring's width). Both telescopes are good for the sling gun build, as (I think) you can move the ring from one tip to another, the only problem is that the Tasco might not have the restraint screw. The ring-less telescope is good for the Pre-Pro #2/Promo type sling guns.

PP1 Sling Gun And Telescope 3.jpg

The Korvette (lower telescope) has the same length and characteristics as the one posted by BGHunter (upper telescope).

Took them apart and the rind outside diameter should work ok and I can grind the width down as well. However the inside diameter of the Korvette ring won't slide over the small lense ( small piece ) as the inner diameter is too small. Rather than do all that modification to the ring and make the Korvette one useless , I may just go find a piece of PVC pipe or something else from the hardware store to work for the ring on the Tasco.
8E5C8367-2D8C-4D34-9C17-7FFFDE06789D.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back