General ROTJ Boba Fett WIP 501st Approved

quick question, How does the MOW flak fit? thinking of getting one myself, and was wondering how it being adjustable helps the fit. My BN is a large, and is just barely too big for me.

The MOW flak vest fits pretty good. I am 5'9" 215 lbs. & usually large to x/large depending on fit. I have broad chest & shoulders. The way that it is split on the sides works well cause you can adjust the girth around your mid section. I like how it fits.

Doesn't look like much but block sanded the jetpack & worked on the rocket. I need to do some spot putty work & the main body of the jetpack is ready for primer. Need to do some detail work on the rocket.

DSCF4430-1.jpg

DSCF4434-1.jpg

DSCF4439-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice progress, i stared at my pack for hours, days, months getting every single hole filled, so i feel your pain, lol.

I think that the MOW might by too long for me, my BN is roughly 16" from neck to bottom, and that is a tad too long.... thanks for the info sorry for the derail!

nice progress, i stared at my pack for hours, days, months getting every single hole filled, so i feel your pain, lol.

Thanks, I dread this part cause it takes so much time to do & I get to the point is it good enough yet? All to make it worn looking and beat up. Where a good weathered paint job covers lots of imperfections. So onward with sanding & filling, hoping to be painting this weekend.

I think that the MOW might by too long for me, my BN is roughly 16" from neck to bottom, and that is a tad too long.... thanks for the info sorry for the derail!

That is okay don't mind help answer questions. Glad I could help.

Thank you for those kind words. I can't wait to get done.

Wow! I shall bow to you paper folding master!

Your pep skills are amazing! Your kit looks fantastic!

Good work

Thanks for the kind words

Been getting my jepack ready for paint. Got some primer on it, spot filled & did some block sanding to smooth it out. I am hoping to start painting the main body this weekend.

The bottom grate piece was made from architectural cardboard & layered to give depth. Didn't take any pics of prior to gluing it to the body of the jetpack.

Worked on the details on the rocket. I used the rims from plastic cups to make the small thin rings. The collar piece towards the top of the rocket, I used a medicine bottle lid to give the vertical spline. Need to finish the tip with the 3 vertical strips & have some filling & sanding left to do.

DSCF4452-1.jpg

DSCF4470-1.jpg

DSCF4473-1.jpg

DSCF4451-1.jpg

Wow! I shall bow to you paper folding master!

Your pep skills are amazing! Your kit looks fantastic!

Good work

Thank you for those kind words.

Well haven't posted in a while but have been slowly working on my jetpack between everything else going on, this is a tough time of year with the holidays, but this will catch things up on my progress.

I finished up the 3 straight pieces on the rocket using plastic trim for 1/8" fiberglass sheeting. Used epoxy putty to fill in the center to make it solid and attached it to the rocket. Sanded it and blended it in.

Painted the body of the jetpack, rocket, & thrusters with silver & cleared it to begin the rest of the paint process. I have found the putting a clear on the metallic paints helps adhesion of the rest of the paint.

Almost completed with the paint on both the rocket & thrusters. Thought I would start with the smaller pieces & get them done first before tackling the body of the pack. The rocket is pretty much complete have to do some minute weathering & clear coat it. The thrusters have some more work to be done but they are getting there.

DSCF4494-1.JPG

DSCF4504-1.JPG

DSCF4506-1.JPG

DSCF4507-1.JPG

DSCF4516-1.JPG

DSCF4530-1.JPG

DSCF4531-1.JPG

DSCF4488-1.JPG

Finished up the painting on the thruster, but need to give them a coat of clear. Then onto the main body of the jetpack.

DSCF4533-1.jpg

DSCF4538-1.jpg

Started painting the main body of the jetpack. Have the white & yellow done with some misting of browns & grays for some weathering. Still have some finish weathering that I plan on doing once all the colors are done. Not too sure if I am happy with the yellow color, thinking it needs to be more orange. May do some work on that some more. Plan on doing the blue next.

DSCF4545-1.jpg

DSCF4547-1.jpg

Got the blue painted onto the jetpack with some light weathering of gray & black misted.

DSCF4548-1.JPG

DSCF4555-1.JPG

DSCF4556-1.JPG

Been busy got the red paint onto the jetpack. Need to finish up the top & bottom of the fuel tanks & then onto some fine weathering detail. Plus I plan on painting all the symbols & stripes instead of using decals.

DSCF4571-1.JPG

DSCF4562-1.JPG

DSCF4568-1.JPG

Jetpack looks great! Looks too clean, dirty that thing up,lol
Alittle pastels and steelwool...my secret weapon :)

Thanks, but I so agree, it is way to clean at this point & it will get some more weathering.

Well the holidays slowed my progress plus the weather has been extremely cold putting a halt on any painting for the time being.

Started dyeing my MOW soft parts. Have the belt pouches & the spats done but need to be weathered.

The flight suit is in process.

Did take some time while it was cold out & spent some time on the computer. I drew up a 3D model for the toe spikes to be 3D printed which I received today from Shapeways. I designed them to fit the MOW 2013 boots that I have. The toe on these boots is different than any of the templates that have been done. Used Raf's template as a reference for rough sizes as well as scaling reference photos but had to make deviations to the spikes & angles in order to fit the toe shape of the boots. I had them done in a polished aluminide to give it a metallic look. I am pretty happy with how they turned out.

DSCF4588-1.JPG

DSCF4589-1.JPG

DSCF4596-1.JPG

DSCF4612-1.JPG

Got in the shoulder attachments that I designed up & had 3D printed. They are printed in the polished aluminide like the toe plate & spikes. Pretty impressed with the 3D printing.

Shoulder_Attachment-1.JPG

Started coloring my MOW 2013 boots as most know they come all white. I used an acrylic fabric paint by Tulip called Soft Matte. Most fabric paints require a heat setting where these don't. Used Spideyfett's tutorial. For the light gray I had to mix black & white till I got what I was looking for & dilluted it with water. Did the wet on wet, definitely helps with soaking the painting into the fabric. Just like painting with water colors. The black was just straight black diluted to give it a more watery consistency. Onto weather them next.

DSCF4641-2.jpg

DSCF4638-2.jpg

DSCF4640-2.jpg

Boots & boot spikes are all weathered. Need to get some screws to attach the boot plate & spikes, they are taped on for a mock up. The boot plates & spikes are the ones that are 3D printed. The boot plates & spikes I went with the MOM tour look. Added some yellow, purple, black, some scuffing of sand paper for the weathering. Not sure if they need to be darker because lighting changes the look of them. Over all pretty happy with the look of them.

DSCF4656_Edit-1.JPG

DSCF4660_Edit-1.JPG

DSCF4662_Edit-1.JPG

DSCF4663_Edit-1.JPG

DSCF4667_Edit-1.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back