ESB Paintup for apolifka by Deadland

That is awesome! Deadland, i may PM you with a couple of questions. Im going to start painting my scratchbuilt cast soon and im a bit lost on how to use the stencils/masking.

Deadland painted up my lid for me a while back, one of the best sellers I have ever dealt with top notch artist and even better business man if u ever need a lid painted he should be the first person you contact.

Chris

That is awesome! Deadland, i may PM you with a couple of questions. Im going to start painting my scratchbuilt cast soon and im a bit lost on how to use the stencils/masking.

Actually, I had the same question -- I tried using Raf's files, printing out and transferring via carbon paper, but the results were mixed at best.

Regardless, this is fantastic work! Bravo, deadland!

Actually, I had the same question -- I tried using Raf's files, printing out and transferring via carbon paper, but the results were mixed at best.

Regardless, this is fantastic work! Bravo, deadland!

Hey guys thanks for the complements. The best thing to do with the templates is to open them up into a photo editing software. In my case I use Photo Shop Elements to then adjust the Vertical and horizontal size of the templates. I will use the lid and take measurements in mm so I can get it down to the gnats a** from there I will keep adjusting the V&H until I get it right. In some cases I have to cut the stencil into several pieces like the mandibles I think I have 3 different cuts that I use. Hope this helps!!

Rob

LOL you are to much Austin. Well did some weathering on this bad boy added some rust to the cheeks and dome along with some grimy black along the lower cheeks and dent. After that I hit it with a couple of black washes. With the owners approval I will the spray it with a matte finish and ship this back on Monday.

DSCN5157.JPGDSCN5159.JPGDSCN5160.JPGDSCN5161.JPGDSCN5162.JPGDSCN5164.JPG

This can't be at my door quickly enough (y) Just PM me when you're ready for final payment! I love it, it's like I'm 10 years old right now freaking out :love

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back