Jeremy Bulloch has eyes

bobamaker

Active Hunter
As some here may know, a few years back I did a project with Jeremy Bulloch... I cast his face and offered a limited number here on the TDH. Part of the reason for this was to eventually use one of these casts for my Boba Fett mannequin. Well I've finally got around to making a new mannequin for my costume (new pose), so for this I will be adding Jeremy's face to the mannequin. I obviously need the face to have 'open' eyes (Jeremy's eyes were closed when making the original life cast for obvious reasons).

I was tempted to 'de-age' this cast, but I think I prefer the face as it is today, I may add a scar or two on the final copy though.

I removed the closed eyes from the cast and sculpted 'open' eyes using wet clay. I will now need to make a mould of this then produce a fibreglass copy. Once that's complete, I will replace my mannequin's face with this copy, I will then paint it with fleshtones add realistic glass eyes.

DAZ

Compare.jpg

Nicely done! I'm sure it would be quite popular if you did a run of mannequin faces. I wonder how it would look to put him on a clone... Rex with Jeremy's head?

Now this is cool! I have one of those casts myself, but I don't think I would dare to do this in it... Can't wait to see it finished!!

The mould is now finished and I've produced a fibreglass copy. The next steps will be trimming this and fitting it to my mannequin's head. I want the face to be detachable so I can access the eyes which will also be removable, this means I can alter the eye position if needed.

DAZ

Fibreglass-Copy.jpg

Not at the moment. I agreed with Jeremy that I wouldn't make any copies (other than my own) once the initial run was complete. If there was interest in an 'eyes open' version I could contact Jeremy and arrange something a little special but I haven't given it any thought. We'll see.

DAZ

DAZ...amazing work once again!

I've replaced my mannequin's face with the 'trimmed' Jeremy cast (just held in place with duck tape at the moment). Pretty freaky so far, still needs eyes and a good paint job.

DAZ

Face-On.jpg

The face now has magnets on either side so it locks to the mannequin head. I've also installed the eyeballs, they are removable and can be rotated easily. The next step is to add the eye details to the eyeballs.

DAZ

Photo 28-12-11 11 58 56.jpeg

Photo 28-12-11 15 08 20.jpeg

Magnets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've now finished the Balaclava, it's also made from 'tackle twill' to match the neckseal. It has a drawstring around the front which is tied underneath the chin. I'm really please with how this turned out (a big thanks to my talented wife who sewed this together tonight).

DAZ

Balaclava-Compare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back