Size order

TSPhoenix

New Hunter
Greetings all,

So I'm the new guy on the forums and would like to start by saying that the work you guys do and the knowledge you all have is awesome. This is a really great community and I'm eagerly trying to piece my ESB set together and join in. I've ran into a problem though. I ordered up some pieces (helmet, armor, jetpack) and received them in the mail today. When I tried on my helmet, it was smaller than I anticipated. The cheekbones on the helmet prevented me from fitting it on (I wear a 7 5/8 hat size). I've got a large dome, but I never thought I would not be able to fit a Boba helmet on. When I ordered my helmet, the maker said it was a Mystery helm, and from the research I've done on my own across several sites, this helm does not measure up to be a Mystery helm. It's about 1" shorter on width, the height doesn't seem to fit, and it is also pretty warped on the back side of the helmet (The lower back left of the helmet is much more squared than the lower back right). I've seen individual pictures of the DP and am not sure if it's a Mystery or a DP. So I'm pretty upset at this because I'm not really sure if it's what I ordered or not.

So the real question is, what is the largest of all the fan-made helms? Is it the FP? I saw some side-by-sides on the GMH with other helms beside it (FP being one of them) and the FP was quite a bit larger.

Is the FP the same size as the FP Cold Cast that Asok is now selling? I'm not sure what individual 'packages' really mean in relation to helmet size. This is all sort of confusing in the beginning stages.

My thought is, if what I have in my hands right now is really a Mystery helm, and it's small (only in cheeks), then I should buy the biggest helm out there and hope for the best once it arrives. I cannot imagine I am the only one that has ever had this issue. Can anyone provide some information or suggestions?

On a side note, I would rather not name who I purchased the items from on an open forum because I do not feel it is right to talk 'badly' about others work. If anyone has a question as to who it was, please PM me and we can discuss it as long as it does not leave PM status. ;) Thanks for understanding.

TSPhoenix

I think the best is to post some images of the helmet to be 'analized' by the professionals here, this way you will be sure what you bought. I'm not too familiar with the helmet sizes and types but it is possible that your helmet to be smaller than the original helmet which has around 230 mm/9.05 inch from one ear base to the other ear base.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bigger is the MSH 2, but it's not avaiable nowadays. What you can actually buy is a MR cast sold by asok. That's the bigger you can buy at the present day.

MLC >= MSH 2 > MSH > FPH > TF > MR Proto > MR > GMH >= BGH > MLC 2 > BM/MH/MS1/MS2/MS3 > Altmann's > DP Deluxe > DP '95/Rubies

Darkened names are what you can buy actually. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Show us some pics of the helmet and the other stuff you got ,
And who was the maker?
Also lots of helmets need to be put on side ways then turned once on , so it may not be as bigger deal as you think , though it doesnt sound promising
But yeah the Asok helmet is a good size and the cheeks are not to deep , in fact it is one helmet you can put on with out needing to turn it , and he is a great guy to deal with ,,

Kaane isnt the MLC2 smaller, more along the mystery size.

Show us some pics of the helmet and the other stuff you got ,
And who was the maker?
Also lots of helmets need to be put on side ways then turned once on , so it may not be as bigger deal as you think , though it doesnt sound promising
But yeah the Asok helmet is a good size and the cheeks are not to deep , in fact it is one helmet you can put on with out needing to turn it , and he is a great guy to deal with ,,

Kaane isnt the MLC2 smaller, more along the mystery size.

You're correct. Post modified.

Attached are pic's of the bucket. Sorry for the quality, all I have to work with is a cell phone : / I obviously do not have the visor or the ears installed at this time.

CameraZOOM-20111014143946.jpgCameraZOOM-20111014143906.jpgCameraZOOM-20111014144031.jpgCameraZOOM-20111014144121.jpgCameraZOOM-20111014144133.jpg

It can be two things. Or a modified and badly recasted MSH (I don't think so), or IIRC it's a "fanmade" helmet from eBay. I have only seen these in eBay.

MLC >= MSH 2 > MSH > FPH > TF > MR Proto > MR > GMH >= BGH > MLC 2 > BM/MH/MS1/MS2/MS3 > Altmann's > DP Deluxe > DP '95/Rubies

KaanE,

Thanks for the list! So which ones of these is the FP (Budget)?

I'm not fully up on all of the acronyms for the helmets. And I don't mean any disrespect to the past and present builders of the buckets, I'm just rather "ignorant" of all the facts at the moment. Trying to soak up all I can now and become well-informed. I think that these are the following:

MLC = ?
MSH 2 = Movie Size Helmet
FPH = Fett Pride Helmet
TF = ?
MR Proto = Masters Replica Prototype
MR = Masters Replica
GMH = Grant McCune Helmet
BGH =
MLC 2= ?
BM = BobaMaker??
MH = Mystery Helmet
MS1/2/3= ?
DP Deluxe= Don Post Deluxe
DP = Don Posts

I have the same size head (7 5/8), and recently purchased a Bobamaker helmet which has plenty of room for my big dome. I even had room for a wireless mic transmitter and fan. Hope this helps!

MLC = MLCallanta
FPH = Fett Pride Helmet
TF = TerminalFettler
MR = Masters Replica (actual asok's)
BGH = BGHunter
MLC 2= MLCallanta 2
BM = BobaMaker
MH = Mystery Helmet
MS1/2/3= MarrowSun 1/2/3
DP = Don Posts

MLC = MLCallanta
FPH = Fett Pride Helmet
TF = TerminalFettler
MR = Masters Replica (actual asok's)
BGH = BGHunter
MLC 2= MLCallanta 2
BM = BobaMaker
MH = Mystery Helmet
MS1/2/3= MarrowSun 1/2/3
DP = Don Posts

You really know your stuff man. Like a Fett dictionary.

:D

Thanks for the master break down KaanE. So does that mean the MR is the same thing as the FP Budget (since Asok makes it) or is the FP Budget the same size mold as the FPH?

Asok bought the fettpride moulds. The only diference is that Asok is doing them with cold casted polyurethane resin while fettpride used to do them with gelcoat/fiberglass/polystyrene resin. But the helmets (as well as the moulds) are exactly the same.

Asok bought the fettpride moulds. The only diference is that Asok is doing them with cold casted polyurethane resin while fettpride used to do them with gelcoat/fiberglass/polystyrene resin. But the helmets (as well as the moulds) are exactly the same.

Thanks so much for all the information. So the FP is more than likely bigger than the one I currently have, and I'm sure way better quality. I'm very disappointed in the cast of the one I have. The size does not bother me as much as the proportions and actual sculp. I'm trying to get my hands on a FP and finish it before Halloween. We will see if that's possible o_O

The basic rule is to buy things from here instead of eBay. You will get them cheaper and you'll be sure you'll receive a HQ product.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back