Thoughts on this ROTJ Boba Fett costume?

SJF

New Hunter
First of all I wanted to say I'm a newb all around with this (both to forum & costuming), so I apologize ahead of time if I do anything incorrectly!

I found this costume on eBay, and this guy has a ton of them… in fact it looks like he's constructing them (as it takes 45 days to construct & ship, it says).

Here's the link

I've posted photos at the bottom of this post for your guys' convenience.

Basically… I was curious on your guys' thoughts about this, both accuracy, quality, etc. I'd love one, but $1,500 seems steep, am I wrong? Has anyone purchased from this guy / know of anyone that has?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not that good with building things (or rather, I never have) so building one is pretty much out of the question for me...

Also – is it just me, or do the colors seem a tad bit bright? (red especially)??

The photos:
nuevo-4.jpg
nuevo-5.jpg
nuevo-6.jpg
nuevo-8.jpg
DSC03150.jpg
DSC03157.jpg
DSC03158.jpg
DSC03160.jpg
DSC03162.jpg
DSC03164.jpg
DSC03165.jpg
DSC03166.jpg
DSC03168.jpg
nuevo-3.jpg

Thanks for your help in advance guys!

nuevo-4.jpg

You can get EVERYTHING you need here at TDH. Stay away from ebay. If you get it here, it'll be quality....

Thanks a ton guys. I appreciate the support.

It definitely did!! Great reviews & comments from everyone there. Also great to see the professional response from that Gabe guy, but I also agree with a lot of what you guys are saying on there… thanks a ton for that link.

You can get EVERYTHING you need here at TDH. Stay away from ebay. If you get it here, it'll be quality....

As far as this goes… do you mean by purchasing things from other TDH members? Or learning how to create them? And also… how much (roughly) does a full costume cost?

support that...in all honesty, 45 days is a fraction of the time to build a quality Fett...i wouldnt drop $1500 on that costume...you will be disappointed...Evolutions is really trying to get the Boba costumes right, but he just isnt there yet...the best advice you can get is to take your time building your Fett...there are many vendors here that sell quality, accurate items...there are also fellas that do amazing paint commissions if you need to have your stuff painted right...do your research here, and if you have even the slightest amount of skill with tools and an airbrush/spray paint can, you will find a plethora of information to help you accomplish pretty much anything...also, the members here are here to help out in any way we can...so feel free to ask! :) good luck, brother, and dont rush! do your research, look at reference photos and others' work, and you will see just from what members are doing that the pictured costume above is subpar, and not worth $1500...;)

Many members here make the parts its just searching the forums to find what you want, as for price around $3600 for a good one, I am up to $4500 but that's from replacing a few items with better ones that came out after I thought i was finished.
When is Fett ever finished hehheh.

ya, once you get in, consider yourself in "too deep" ! lol! the desire to be accurate lives within you...and will consume you...yes, it is expensive...but if you learn how to paint and build up your items you can save alot of money in the long run...that is where the help factor comes in...:)

Please don't waste your money on this POS. I made the mistake of buying from Evo and aside from a few (and I mean very few) metal parts you will wait a very long time for fugly ABS plastic, badly painted, that you would be embarrassed to wear to a Halloween costume party. Follow the advice here.

Wow what wonderful support on my first time posting here… I really appreciate everything you guys~!!! I just got a new job, so I'll be making this my monthly investment to purchase one thing every month to slowly build my costume.

Thanks again!!! I'm jotting down your guys' names for reference, so I can contact you if I have questions. You guys ROCK!

Please don't waste your money on this POS. I made the mistake of buying from Evo and aside from a few (and I mean very few) metal parts you will wait a very long time for fugly ABS plastic, badly painted, that you would be embarrassed to wear to a Halloween costume party. Follow the advice here.

I did the same as you , POS parts and I only got 1/2 of the parts and paper thin . It took 72 days but after the 45 days with pay pal he NEVER returns emails . Then your SOL . I also need some info on vender's to . Can some of you PM me some info . Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the same mistake attempting to cut costs buying from him...it only cost ya more money in the long run. Every one here can hook you up and make sure you are happy with what you get. This is best place to be!

Im sure that here on the Forum you can get a very great quality items .... i now that my complete Boba Costume have a lot to advance ... but i still working on them , i now too that in only 45 days i can't make a super quality pieces ... for this i decide quit them form ebay and only sell them in pre-order with a minium initial payment to start the construction and the the rest when is ready to send , the buyer receive the pics and agree the work ... is the better way for my and for any buyer .-
Gabe

Here you go to get an idea on how much you'll spend : http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/new-tdh-read-about-how-much-you-will-spend-17421/
As for a vendor, this is where I purchased my entire Fett from (minus the boots, girth belt, cape and braids) : bobamaker

Boba Fett is probably the most complicated, detailed, expensive (in time not just money) and REWARDING of all costumes. Take your time, do your research, read, read, read and read some more.....you'll know very quickly which vendors are the best to go to, best quality, best service, best everything!

Good luck!

J

Another point, I started ordering my ESB Boba at the end of December and I'm expecting the last bits to arrive at the end of the month.

So what I'm saying is, because the parts are fan made by people in their spare time, you have to factor that into your estimate ... so it's taken me nine months.

Good luck,
Phil

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back