So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was.....

Mr Fett

Well-Known Hunter
IMG_3380.jpg

YES!!! (y)

Thanks to Fettpride and Ruffkintoy for some last minute costume additions. Much appreciated, fellas!! Oh, and now I have a great signature line from Lucas that I can use on message boards:

"Boba Fett? I never really pictured you being from Michigan before." Then he laughed.

The event was at the Field Museum in Chicago, a place that I had trooped 10 years ago as one of my first troops so have fond memories. They were showing ESB on the big screen at the Museum on Friday night and Saturday afternoon and evening, with all proceeds going to the museum's childrens outreach programs. We were requested just to troop the last 2 evening shows on Saturday and George was there for a VIP reception before the second from last movie. When we found out about the event a few weeks back, LFL requested only a Darth Vader, a Boba Fett, 4 Stormtroopers and anyone who had an R2-D2 with all the bells and whistles. Anyone who wanted to sign up to troop it had to send pictures of themselves in costume through the Garrison CO to LFL.

A couple weeks later, LFL got back with us and then wanted heights and weights of each person who submitted photos (yeah, I somehow must have slipped by the weight thing. :lol: ), and it was LFL themselves who picked which of the costumers who signed up they wanted to troop in the 6 slots they assigned for the 501sters. At first I felt bad as a Fett costumer, knowing the event was to celebrate ESB and my costume was an ROTJ, but folks reminded me they were using an ROTJ Boba as the Celebration 5 logo (celebrating the 30th anniversary of ESB), so if LFL didn't care, I still signed up. It ended up they chose an ANH Vader costumer as the Vader they wanted and brought their own Ewok, so I guess spanned the trilogy. Since it was ESB, we all thought they might have wanted Snowtrooper costumers, but no they didn't.

LFL provided their own Chewbacca and Ewok costumers, I assume being made by ILM:

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

.....and like all Boba costumers, I HATE how the camera flash washes out the weathering on my jumpsuit and yellow armor. :facepalm

IMG_3365.jpg

Our quick chit-chat:

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

Back to the changing room. Another successful troop done and my first time in almost 11 years of Boba costuming that I had the chance to meet George Lucas!

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

I just realized that you were wearing a ROTJ Fett to a screening of ESB, Isn't that like wearing white after labor day.

the pics look great even if it did bleach out your weathering

I personally felt bad, as a Fett costumer, that I didn't own the correct Fett costume for that movie. But, no ESB Fetts signed up for the event and LFL wanted a Boba Fett there, so I still got to costume it. :)

.....and not a single person in the crowd mentioned I had the wrong Boba. They just saw "Boba Fett".

Awsome, Brilliant, Fantastic......there really are not enough superlatives to describe how cool that must have been for you, you have a great costume, great pictures too :)

I hope we have some screenings of "The Empire Strikes Back" here in the UK not heard of any yet though......somehow I don't think George would show up :(

I just pointed that our to be the nerdiest one the the thread, I am a die hard Star Wars nut and I would not have noticed that a year ago before my time on this forum.

Your Fett looks GREAT regardless of which film, and if you listen to Lucas in some of his interviews he may not have realized it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back