Boba Fett Variants

Mandalorian Guard

Active Hunter
Hi all,

I was wondering do we have a thread showing all the variants of Boba Fett with pictures?

There are loads of different types to Boba Fett, not just the films.

Thought with the vast knowledge in this forum. Thought it would be good to show to new members what Boba Fett they wish to do.

I know there are the Pre-Pro's 1-3, Special Edition, A New Hope SE, Empire Strikes Back, Return of The Jedi and Return of the Jedi SE, (think thats all of them).

Thanks

superjedi - Thats great for showing helmet variations.

KaanE - Wiki just shows a small pic of the Boba Fett variants.

I'm after pics head to toe with explanations whats different.

superjedi - Thats great for showing helmet variations.

KaanE - Wiki just shows a small pic of the Boba Fett variants.

I'm after pics head to toe with explanations whats different.

If you go head to toe with all the variations, that would be really extensive. Especially since there are variations within variations.

Check out the MOM pics vs. the AOSW pics for example. Basically both are ROTJ costumes, the AOSW has an ESB helmet. Should the AOSW be considered the definitive SE version? A lot of people would say no because it doesn't have the extra ammo belt pouches.

What shin tools are present play a part even.

And then there is the prepro touring suit, and then you have the albino super trooper Fett.

The list goes on and on.

I wish they were back up and running. I was checking ref pics on something or other just about every day before it went down.

i could really use the galleries back up and running. i need some reference for jango gauntlets.

Here's something I posted in a thread regarding a SE question, but it definitiely applies to "variants" . . .

Yes, the promo pics are what so many people go by when they talk about the SE version . . . which is ironic considering he never looks like that on the film. On the promo shoot pics, he's got an extra gauntlet hose black friction-taped to his gauntlet rocket, too, which is something else I never see anyone do. And if they go by those pics for direction on the suit, why don't they cut their blaster scope in half to match those pics? :)

Bottom line . . . I've now begun to consider the promo shoot pics another variation of the costume, and not actually the true SE edition costume.

So you've really got 8 distinct versions of the Fett costume:

1. Albino Fett / Super trooper
2. PP1
3. PP2
4. PP3
5. ESB
6. ROTJ
7. ROTJ SE (with ESB helmet, ruined jetpack, and a curious absence of a blaster in hand)
8. SE Promo Shoot Fett (ROTJ suit with ESB helmet, 12 ammo pouches, gauntlet hose attached to gauntlet rocket with friction tape, presence of a blaster--usually with the cut scope--and an intact jetpack)

I don't count ANH SE since it's basically an ROTJ suit with reversed shoulder bells. In addition to that one, you have the more minor variations of what shin tools he might wear in a given scene, the touring suit before ESB, the variant prepro suit showing him wearing the Sandy Helmet (what I use for my signature pic), the MOM costume (essentially ROTJ without shin tools), ROTJ stunt suit, and the AOSW costume (essentially ROTJ SE but with an intact jetpack, a blaster, and the standard 9 ammo pouches, etc.).

My head, it spinneth..... lol I wish the gallery problem was sussed. Could really use it for my girth belt run.... :(

I'm telling you, I was going there more than once a day, every day to double check any given part I was working on. You don't realize how much you rely on something until it's not there . . .

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back