Zoltan Tyrell's Jango Jetpack

Harness is going well, just got a nice big fat heavy duty sewing machine to help out with the webbing too. I am planning for it to be as accurate as possible from what we can see of it in ref photos and that includes the 3rd - lower clip.

I will confirm the extras too, did you want the light in the beacon also?

Harness is going well, just got a nice big fat heavy duty sewing machine to help out with the webbing too. I am planning for it to be as accurate as possible from what we can see of it in ref photos and that includes the 3rd - lower clip.

I will confirm the extras too, did you want the light in the beacon also?

Look forward to seeing this harness Rob! Any pics?

PM Sent yesterday Rob!

Ok, so what I did not get a photo of was the pack after masking, a quick rub down and shot of primer to give a nice even base.

Here it is with a shot of blue. I knwe the blue was not quite right but I was not feeling it in the pot, so after a nice blue base coat I can see we need to add a little purple to the mix......so off to get some paint. More to come later.

4111c2b2.jpg

I am currently making my own and trying to put my Fett back together Phil. I have some more to make on a trade kind of basis, but I am not under pressure to get them out quickly, which is good. Tomorrow I am on with some other projects, one of which is the shin tools, but I will be getting this blue sorted and some other finishing bits.

Re the blue, I got another shade of blue down, but still not how i want it, so I am going to try and get a better match tomorrow. Also, I got that Jango specific Pack detail sorted, will post it up tomorrow with photos.

Rob.

Ok. I have now reapplied the blue in a much better shade, but before w get to that, as my first Jango pack build and paint I noticed that the classic Jango pack has an extra detail when compared to Boba's. Not seen this mentioned before, but then again, I don't follow many Jango threads (to my shame). So anyway, here is the detail before painting so it stands out.

5461d931.jpg

....and now painted and the correct blue.

325df4ee.jpg

Ahh. I dont think ive ever looked that close at them myself. But, cool.
Im all for the detail.
Makes sense that there are gonna be some extra bits. They always tinker at lucasville.

Wow! Great progress. Anything iis better than what I have . . And I repeat . . .anything is better than what I have. Keep up the good work!

Little update.

b69dcca3.jpg

Spent the morning masking again. Then got the red down before leaving for work this afternoon. Will unmask her tomorrow. That is the colours finished, next stage is the decals and stripes, then a satin clear coat to seal it all.

Ok, getting close now. This is not the best look and deffo the clown stage, more so than Boba as it doesn't have the scratches and damage, but the weathering will tone it down and blend it all together.
9275e9ad.jpg

Tomorrow I will be getting on with the Thrusters and the Warhead. I will also apply the decals and clear coat to seal it using a satin varnish.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back