Tragedy struck me today...

Gilmortar

Well-Known Hunter
Being Thanksgiving, I decided to start work on my new MoW ESB Gauntlets. I began by collecting all the parts for it, cataloguing everything, and making sure everything was there.

FLASHBACK: OCT 12, 2008
The night I arrived home from Iraq I went through all the boxes of costume parts I had ordered over the year. Que me pulling out an envelope from the member Dark-Side, containing a plastic machined Gauntlet rocket to go with my MoW Gauntlets. It was a "Seconds' rocket, but absolutely exquisite. I place it back in the envelope and into the box with the Gauntlets.

BACK TO TODAY....

I have everything here, and have since moved from my parents to my new house, and have gone looking through everything I own, and my parents ran-sacking their home looking for it...I finally realized....

I had placed it into a larger box, and then....a couple days before moving, I cleaned out that closet of all the scrap and junk....I looked at that box, and saw a padded envelope, thinking it was empty....I THREW THE BOX AWAY!

My beautiful Dark-Side gauntlet rocket was in that box.....I threw my gauntlet rocket away without thinking...

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY SAD ON THANKSGIVING....

aww man :( I feel your loss, but not nearly as hard.. I did the same thing with a box full of extra patches i had made to give to children at hospitals. I had only given away 3 of the 30 and threw the box away during cleaning the weekend after :( :(

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back