Murphy's Law?

slave1pilot

Well-Known Hunter
You guys know Murphy's Law, right?
"If anything can go wrong, it will"

That pretty much sums up not only my life, but my whole family's.
except my name ain't Murphy, it's Mutter
My family calls it the "Mutter Curse"
It affects everyone in my family
Not kidding
It even affects friends too.
My wife says it rubs off on you. :lol:
Nothing ever works right & nevr comes easy for us.
Normally we just accept these things as part of "the curse" & just perservere
But recently, it's starting to get to me.

let me give you a little insight, some "examples" if you will
The past few weeks have been a real pain.
Every recent project or prop has had issues

over the last 2 weeks or so;

1. Boba Knees
Sculpting them was a hassle, had to do it at least 3 times. The molds didn't go right either and had to be redone. The darts still aren't ready either.
I mixed some material & it got all over a bench & the floor
I mailed one set over 2 weeks ago USPS Priority & they are lost somewhere.
I tried painting a set today to see how the paint held- i dropped it paint side down of course
that one is wrecked
2. Girth belt Dying.
The Cross-stitching wasn't the same material so it didn't dye well.It's a different color.
While dying them in the kitchen, I dropped the pan & dyed the grout on my countertop & Brand new floor red. It's pretty, but not what mrs.slave1pilot likes.
3. EPIII Clone helmet
Tried cutting out the T-visor from a face sheild, snapped it in half & made another.
I tried to CA that visor in by tacking it cause I couldn't find my glue gun.ended up with glue on the lens & made another
I blistered my fingers trying to hot glue that visor in & made another
Finally got that in
I got paint where it didn't belong when i removed the masking tape from the helmet.
Tried to touch it up & made it worse.
4. EPIII Clone armor
I couldn't get a decent pull on the ab pieces & had to have help.
I trimmed some parts wrong & had to fix those.
This project is way behind schedule
I know there is more, but it happens so much it just slips my mind

I have a jet pack to paint, knees to paint, a Sandtrooper and Clone armor to assemble,and a set of Shin tools to create from real parts.

Frankly, i'm scared to touch anything important.
I'm in a slump & it's bumming me out

:cry:cry:cry:cry
Poor me poor me :lol:
anyone else have one of those days that turns into weeks or months or years?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's because you are a man yet you drink cozmos. ; )
Time to step it up to whisky, but if that's too much too soon, you could always have a beer.

: )

Gotta cheer Nate up alittle. This is what he does when he's not cursed.

Jet%20Pack1-1.gif

Shake it off man.

Hmm.... perhaps there is a descendant of a great great grandfather's acquaintance that u can carry up a mountain lol. Worked for Stanley Yelnats, his luck is splendid now.

Slave1Pilot: Yep... I hear Ya! :lol:

I finally gave up and got myself a personalized license plate: BDKRMA

At least I get a few laughs and I find fewer idiots tailgating me. :lol:

Maybe it's because you are a man yet you drink cozmos. ; )
Time to step it up to whisky, but if that's too much too soon, you could always have a beer.

: )

I gotta side with him. Step up to beer and buy a wallet (ditch the purse)

You know you make the best when you do get it right. Stick to it Bruv!!!:cheers

Did you ever hear of my definition of what "custom mandolorean" means???

Def of Custom Mandolorean = I suck at painting.

live it, know it, use it!!!:cheers

That kinda reminds me of one of my uncles..

He was standing on top of a bar stol welding on an I-beam above him. When he stopped to check the results he forgot to turn of the flame which caused him to burn his bald scalp when tilting the welding visor upp from his face.

Natrually this hurt like nothing else so he dropped the torch while he tried to regain his balance on top of the wobbly bar stol. As he was about to fall off he instinctivily grabbed the I-beam with both hands burning one of his hands on the hot metal.

Unable to hold on to the I-beam (natrually) he fell down onto the concrete floor (feet first) and effectively splitting his clogs right down the middle when he landed.

He's ok now. but he does have a cool scar on his head.

Looking back at it it's an hillarious story... as most of his misadventures are.

beer? why not jameson?

I have a similar story about working on my car in the driveway, I turned to walk into the garage to get the proper wrench size and had not realized the garage door had lowered about a foot on its own.

Bang! I hit my head so hard I started seeing stars. Having been knocked out before I realized what was impending so I grabbed the nearest thing to steady me...the handle on the garage door, so when I dropped to my knees and then my bottom, I... (drumroll)

pulled the garage door down on top of myself. So not only did I manage to K.O. myself, but I made sure I was not getting up. My wife stood by paralyzed by the absurdity of the scene to laugh hysterically. (she did help me up after I she regained her composure).

and no, this incident had absolutely nothing to do with the aforementioned Jameson Irish Wiskey...nor did the shard of metal that bounced off my cheek and behind my glasses before getting lodged in my eye. You wanna talk murphy? the man and I are well equated my friend, I feel your pain.

^ Know the feeling on that one. Experimenting with a Brown lifter, turns out there as a bit of a electricity leak on one of the terminals... I adjust it, it starts shocking me a bit. Naturally, my reaction is to pull the plug out... bringing that electrode into direct contact with my hand, 25k+ volts running through my body, I freak out, start dancing around, trip on the generator and fall flat on my face. Doncha just love those situations? Whyte and McKays, it'll make ya feel better :D

Did you ever hear of my definition of what "custom mandolorean" means???

Def of Custom Mandolorean = I suck at painting.

live it, know it, use it!!!:cheers

I highly doubt that. There are quite a few Custom Mandalorians that have absolutely stunning paint jobs.

Oh and dont fret, slave1pilot, you CANT have worse luck than me.. realy.. you cant lol.

I highly doubt that. There are quite a few Custom Mandalorians that have absolutely stunning paint jobs.

Oh and dont fret, slave1pilot, you CANT have worse luck than me.. realy.. you cant lol.
I meant no offense. I just kept thinking while I was wasting paint on my lid, "Why not just go "custom" instaed of fighting this?" I am the one sucking.8)

Yeah, I don't believe in karma.
Since It's deeply rooted in various "religions" and this forum doesn't allow religious discussions, perhaps you should keep your thoughts to yourself.

OOhh... boy....

1) My reference to my own license plate is hardly meant to preach Hinduism to everyone. Especially since it is on a specialized plate that has a motto beneath it: Live the Golden Rule. I think it is funny. Call it what you will - but I do have bad driving "karma" as I hit every red light there is on any given road.

2) This part of the discussion is over. Move along...move along.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back