Any OFFICAL TDH plans for Dragon Con?

Predatormv

Well-Known Hunter
As the title says, are there any offical plans for any sort of TDH gathering or dinner or anything of that sort for Dragon Con? What about a table? Anything?

I ask as I am trying to plan when I am wearing all my different costumes as I think I am taking more then 5.

From what I've been told, there won't be a TDH table at DCon this year. However, there will be a Mercs table and we'll have some TDH cards and stickers out and about to help drum up interest. Your all always welcome to hang out with us or give a hand, and we'll be having a dinner on Friday that anyone can attend.

There won't be a table at Dragon Con this year and most likely won't be down the road. We have thought about it quite a bit and Dragon Con just isn't really the place to try and attract people who are into what we have to offer, it is just a very different element there and we felt that we really didn't benefit much from having a table there last year. Also, the fan club tables were very poorly run last year and it was quite a headache and frustration so we have decided not to put ourselves through that. Especially after seeing how professionally Comic Con's fan tables were handled, it was like night and day. As for a dinner, I usually handle that but Art and I have decided not to go since we just don't have anything new to bring this year and spent quite a bit of $ at Comic Con. So we are skipping this year and plan to be there next year. So, you are welcome to plan a get together if you would like :)

Kristen...

You and Art won`t be at DCon this year?

Major Bummer!!

Looks like we`ll have to go to SDCC and see what all the hype is about.

You guys will be missed. And there might be a few late night phone calls to you guys and Bob after a few drinks with friends.

Aww...but Mirax, I had so much fun calling you and telling you the TDH table was being moved! :lol:

Hmm...the ranks of DC attendees grows thinner and thinner.... :facepalm

As Mirax said, Dragon Con simply doesn't appear to be profitable enough in terms of attracting new members to justify the expense and trouble that it takes to coordinate a successful fan table.

In regard to a dinner, don't wait on us to organize one! BountyOne did a great job organizing a TDH at Comic Con! If you would like one at TDH, set it up and we will do our best to support you!

I think since he moved to the west side of the country, he doesn't want to do events with those of us on the east side anymore. ;)

Aww...but Mirax, I had so much fun calling you and telling you the TDH table was being moved! :lol:

Hmm...the ranks of DC attendees grows thinner and thinner.... :facepalm

Hahaha...Let me just say, that fiasco is certainly a part of why we aren't doing it this year. That was just really frustrating.

Honestly, I love D*con but I don't know. Over the past 3 years, the con has gotten weirder and weirder. Fewer real costumes, more weirdos. Maybe I'm getting older? *gasp* but I really like the family atmosphere that was at Comic Con. Also, it seems that a lot of folks are migrating out here for that con. Not to mention, being able to drive and not have to fly costumes is a definite plus. We will definitely miss all of you but hey, we are planning a Milwaukee area photo shoot so many whom we miss we will at least get to see. We are definitely planning on going next year since we will actually have some new costumes to bring :D. But I agree, I think SDCC is starting to become the new D*con.

Believe me. I still love DC and I will never miss it. Theres just to many friends I have there.

Each of the conventions have their own way in being fun.

SDCC is starting to be like DC, but it will never replace it.

;)

Fewer real costumes, more weirdos. Maybe I'm getting older?

i noticed that too. i think part is a decline in the impressiveness, and part is that you get used to it, and need more to get that same feeling of awe.

after you've seen amazing, really good just isn't impressive anymore.

really it's just all those guys in the speedos with the shields. i can't take any more of that! :lol:

Oh don't hate Brian. You know you love it. And be nice or I might just bring that costume up with me to Boston when I come later in the year for Super Mega fest (i think that was the name)

Maybe I am not a big Sci Fi or Star Wars fan as some...Oooops! Did I say that?????

Seriously. For me, I can only take one day of Dragon Con. From the 1st rink dink one in 1987 to now.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. But only in doses. Why you might ask?

Well.....I just like to keep the "wow" factor going....I guess.

Another sort of bad experience I have is this. You might say something on a message board and some don't agree with your opinions - - - -so when you meet them at the Con . . . . They judge you by what you said on a frigging message board rather than judging you as a person. So there is that extra Con drama I can deal without. How silly is that??????

And I'm a nice person for crying out loud!!!!!

Aaaaaargh!!!!!!!!

And as far as the weirdo factor goes. That's why I like it. Not only does it attract die hard sci fi fans - - - -but perhaps people from different groups. From all walks of life.

Since some of us did not attend SDCC this year..suprising since I always
attend every year....How well did the TDH table do compared to
DC?. :) This was the first time we had a table in SDCC correct?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back